BMW Loyalty qualification

I am at the stage that I need to pull a trigger on bmw lease. But Im not qualify for BMW loyalty. Bummer. Family have a Bmw. But we don’t live together. So their address wont show up on my credit report. Is there other way to get qualified for this? The rebate will help greatly for the lease. thx

1 Like

Buy a cheap one real quick, then sell it. Otherwise, fraud.

2 Likes

How about having a family member on the lease, otherwise? Still an option, good or bad.

1 Like

I keep telling folks, I’m waiting for someone to buy a salvage BMW for $100 in order to qualify for it…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

@GAngellBMW - what you need officially is a registration, right? With $2,000 at stake, I can imagine a lot of “creativity” involved. One could buy a cheap one, register it, then flip it. If in CA, it would need to pass smog.

@Ursus - family member should work. My guess is they would have to be the primary on the lease and it would need to be registered at their house, right Gregory? I’ve never been a fan because the family member could be damaged by a late payment (or worse) or named in a lawsuit if there was an accident.

I think there is applicant 1 and applicant 2, so you chose who goes where. I guess applicant 1 becomes primary, but not sure. My wife and I did it a few times in the past even though neither of us needed a co-applicant to qualify.

Regarding buying a beater - there was a good discussion before. Not worth it due to smog, like you said.

@KD6-3.7 @Ursus

As long as the BMW is registered to the address of the purchaser, it doesn’t matter whose name it’s in.

Proof is Registration/Title or BMW DCS.

If there are 2 applicants and the car will be registered at the address with no current BMW - the deal still qualifies for loyalty since the other applicant owns a BMW, no?

If one of the applicants owns a BMW then it doesn’t matter where it’s registered as long as proof of ownership.

The above post is reference to someone outside the deal owning the BMW.

I bought a 1974 2002 automatic for fun that didn’t sell nearby on eBay a few years ago just to try it out. I’d love one (especially a Tii) if it was prisitine with a stick, but they’re not much fun as a beater. Sienna Brown- a root beer brown.

Many years ago I had a jerk back out of a 245 wagon. The dealer said keep it and flip it- so I did. The buyer was a older guy with a gorgeous younger girlfriend and he wanted about $700 worth of accessories (my cost). I said “let me make some calls” to get him more money. He said “I’d like it out of here- it’s a reminder of her past relationship.” Okay- done. Win-win. Sold to the first caller for $3,500 for full price and I only spent a few hundred on it. Had a factory rebuilt engine in it turns out.

Yep, thanks. That’s what I meant that potentially may work for the OP.

1 Like

Fun little story there. Win! :+1:

@GAngellBMW - for sure. Lemons into lemonade. Also- that car was also a Sienna Brown 1974 with an automatic…

Thanks for the advise guys. buying a beater is the only option. But May not be worth it. Having family as a co-signer is no no. will Never go that route. no matter how close we are.

I may just need to continue to look for a good lease offer without the royalty.

Think of it as “co-applicant”. Once you get the car and pay on time and take care of the car, there is nothing to worry about, if you trust yourself. But your family may not trust you, so then it becomes a no-no :slightly_smiling_face:

@renn20 - where are you located? Just look on craigslist for a super cheap BMW, especially if you don’t have to do a smog check to register it in your name. Then sell it after you get the new BMW. You could lose $2,000 on the transaction and still break even vs doing a deal without loyalty. Is it a $2,000 loyalty rebate? I’m assuming that.

What about if you own a mini, does it count as loyalty?:thinking:

Yes, MINI, BMW Motorcycle or… Rolls Royce!

:open_mouth:

I might be wrong, but I thought there’s something in the fine print that for loyalty to apply, you must own the car longer than 6mo and/or currently be financing through BMWFS.

Don’t quote me on this, but you should definitely research before buying anything.

hi, Yes. it’s 2000 rebate. Unfortunately. I am in Socal. Smog required.