BMW Leasing Wiki

Nothing, you walk away. No obligation to buy the new car and no penalty, as far as your old lease is concerned. Of course that assumes you didn’t put down a deposit on the new car or if you did, that it was refundable.

Looks like there may be some pricing changes for 2023.

5 Likes

Can anyone share how a transferred BMW lease shows on credit report? Thinking of transferring my existing lease and curious as to what the status would show.

When I transferred mine, loan was closed out satisfactory, responsibility terminated and commented loan assumed by other party

3 Likes

Bimmer_queen I did lease swap a few years ago and someone took over the lease with 20 months left. They pay BMWFS the transfer fee and your credit report will show the account is closed and in good standing

1 Like

Ensuring @Clutch ‘s post elsewhere was added to the wiki also

3 Likes

What’s the average BMW ultimate care plans cost, my dealer is offering $3999 & wheel/tire protection for $2600. ( M4 Convertible / NY region)

TIA

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

What is the Build Out/Option Credit?

If I return my lease with low mileage (qualifies for the credit, from a mileage basis) but did not lease a new BMW, can I apply the low mileage credit towards wear and tear fees or disposition fee? Or is it purely if you release with BMW again?

You don’t need to lease a new BMW to receive low mileage credit. Source - first hand experience.

I don’t think that’s right since lease credits are only available for less than 5000 miles right?

At one point this was correct.

1 Like

Do you know what’s the current min/max miles threshold for demos being eligible for BMWFS new car lease incentives

I will have to pull it up, but I believe loaners got bounced back to 15,000 miles if not already retired.

1 Like

While I don’t know the specific threshold, keep in mind and you may well already know this in that bmw loaners are subject to a RV penalty. Which can offset or minimize the benefits where as in prior years that penalty didn’t exist. Point being is that a loaner isn’t automatically a better value than maybe it was in previous years.

Wow so much has changed.
@BMW_Dave @IAC if you guys know the demo mileage lease support & incentive thresholds, I’ll ping Michael to update the wiki.

PS do you know if there’s still $7500 lease cash on 2022 BMW ix loaners? Exec demos should be coming off BMWNA auction soon I’d think

2 Likes

Could we get clarifications here please?

1. What is the upper mileage limit for a demo/loaner to be leased with new car programs?

2. What is the upper mileage limit for a demo/loaner to be eligible for new car incentives (lease cash, etc)?

Based on @IAC latest posts in this thread, it sounds like the answer to both questions above is 15k? But the quote in the OP from @BMW_Dave seems to imply 7499 is the upper limit.

1. Is there a lower mileage limit for a demo/loaner to be leased with new car programs?

In the OP, both 4000 and 4500 are stated as lower limits. What happens to loaners with less miles than this minimum, they can only be sold CPO?

Thanks

Can someone help clarify the MSD amount? The wiki shows:
" * Multiple Security Deposits (minus .00004 per MSD, up to a maximum of .00028)"

But the calculator shows

A dealer told me it should be 0.00004.

Thanks!

It’s .00006 with 7 maximum to .00042 reduction.

1 Like