BMW lease return - Low mileage

Hi All - Need some inputs. I’m currently 34 months into a 36 months lease with my BMW i3 . I have driven only 9k out of 30k allocated to me (work location change , covid , personal health contributed to not driving it as expected). Is there a way to take advantage of such low mileage ? I checked with BMW finance and they were of little help to me .

appreciate some inputs

You are too close to turn in for a swap, so your only option is to try to sell to Carvana, Vroom, Algo, Givemethevin, Carmax etc if you have positive equity given low mileage. Search the forum there are tons of threads on these.

1 Like

Click on link for unused mileage credit info. applies if you lease another BMW

sorry been away from leasing game for a while. what are advantages of leasing another BMW ?

They offer an unused mileage credit if you do choose to lease another. Its only a couple hundred bucks so its no deal maker or breaker

"BMW will offer a mileage credit in certain circumstances if you are under your contractual mileage. The credit should be added to your FS account upon leasing a new vehicle.

Percent of Contractual Miles not Utilized
10%-14.9%
15%-24.9%
25%-100%

Credit Offered for Unused Mileage
$200
$250
$300
"

1 Like

Yea, you should definitely confirm you can’t do better just selling to a third party dealer to cash in on equity (if you have any–delta between offer and payoff amount).

1 Like

Absolutely, OP you’ll need to get a “dealer payoff quote” from BMW FS then compare that to the offers you get from the online used dealers @asfarr86 mentioned.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.