BMW Lease Question -

Well, good news and bad news strikes a day after leasing a new BMW M340i… My wife is pregnant with our first child, aaaaand I just leased a small not so suitable sedan, which my wife is THRILLED about (not…). I’ve tried to talk to the dealership about unwinding the deal, and they sadly don’t care. My question is, how soon after leasing a BMW can you transfer? I’ve seen on other posts (long time lurker) that it’s 6 months, others say can do it whenever. Is it worth a shot calling BMWFS and trying to get somewhere with them? Deal was signed Monday night… any advice or insight is appreciated.

Someone was able to transfer after just a few weeks.

1 Like

You can transfer almost right away I believe

1 Like

Plenty big for a baby. I’d keep it. Get a Cybex Aton Q car seat and you’re set.

1 Like

Dude I know where this is going - seriously, ya’ll don’t need an SUV. Just wait until the burden comes out and try your back seat out. You’ll be surprised. We fit two rear facing car seats into the back of a 2008 TSX which is decidedly not a 3 row SUV and likely much smaller than the G20 3 series back seat. IMO it’s way easier to put car seats into an actual car than a high riding SUV, unless your wife does CrossFit and has upper body strength to spare.

1 Like

I cart my kid daily in my 3 series in a monster car seat. It’s perfectly fine. We have the wife’s car too if we want to get away with more room.

IMO, you shouldn’t do something drastic till you see what you got first.

As far as your question goes, you can transfer right away, with a twist. You have to wait until FS gets the title work done, which can take upwards of 2 months

2 Likes

Hahaha definitely not a cross fitter! And wasn’t planning on leasing something new. We have a 2019 Q5 and a 2018 Accord Sport. She doesn’t see the practicality in keeping it, since it was supposed to be the “fun car”. I’m sure somewhere in her head there’s a $$ issue. I just wanted to see my options as far as transferring. Way I look at it is, I’ve got 8 months before the kid comes to enjoy it!

Since I know it plays a huge role is transferring…

2020 M340i $59,870 36/10 no MSD
Premium package, park assist, power tailgate…
$860 down (Maintenance package) $620 a month. Would I even get anywhere if I decided to transfer?

You just can’t transfer in the final 6 months, so you’re good to go now. How many miles per year? 3 years? If you do it without a downpayment, you MIGHT get someone in California to come grab it from you.

More first world problems, park it on a snowy off ramp

2 Likes

If only we had snowy off ramps in sunny Las Vegas…

Hey you’ve got some mountains around, and even a ski area! Might have to wait a bit though

1 Like