BMW lease deal review

not sure what the gov fees, are, it had 400 prefilled, but the taxes on the offer show 158. different things maybe

should I be selecting to pay the fees upfront?

Noticed you have 12k miles/year, which would reduce your residual by 1%. Then I think they are quoting you with just downpayment and taxes up front (that is how they quoted me if I remember correctly).

Here is what I think they’re doing:

Again, I really think you should reach out to brokers, as I think you can get as good of a deal on a brand new car if you can wait. At the very least, reach out to some of the BMW dealers in the KC area and see if anybody can do better (go out as far as Chicago), and then bring the offers back and deal with Baron…

ya, that looks more like it… They werent coming down anymore, but then after a few emails,they added that 3k off. what reasonable counter do I send them… base MF, and another 3k off? still would only be 8% below msrp

with 820 credit, why would I put one penny down??? are dealers willing to use base rates?

It really doesn’t matter if they use base rates or mark up the rate. You should set your target price off of buy rate and then they can get to that number however they want.

You just need to step back and set your target price first.

You also need to move on to a new dealer. This one has already made it clear that they’re living in a different world.

1 Like

I dropped the sales price in a counter offer, and this is what I got back.

“No problem Rich, that’s what we are here for. The money factor is at BMW’s set buy rate which is factored at .00093 and residual value at 12,000/year is 58%. If you would like to go to 10,000 miles/year the residual value goes up to 59% and payments would drop $20/month.

We appreciate the sale price offer but cannot do that at this time. Our current 5 series inventory is going to be the last set of 5 series we have for a while. 2021 models are no longer in production and we don’t have any allocations yet for new 2022 models”

In the calculator I cannot get to that monthly payment with the base MF and appropriate RV that they say their using. what is going on, I show 100 less a month then they have??!!

The big question I’m left with is their sheet is showing “cash down”. Does that mean “down payment” or “due at sale”? This is one of those ambiguous terms that gets used in different ways by different dealers.

Is there a difference?
They want 3400 down and the drive offs, $4999 total drive off

Yes… one usage it means $3400 and one it means $4999.

I see…as I see it in the emails, they want 3400 down Not including drive off’s, totaling 4999

what fees to pay and not pay? anyone pay doc fees? porche was 399, BM is 599… other fees too.

It’s not the fees that are hurting you it’s the no incentives and a very low discount.

Hi, They will accept 3k due at signing for 864/mo on that 540 at 65440 after discounts.
Msrp was 69440, but a loaner with 4k miles

They wanted 3k down payment not including all the other shit, but will include all fees and docs, first mo, acquisition etc…3k out the door

Thoughts?

Have you got any quotes from any brokers? How does this offer compare against those?
IMO, this dealership is does not give good deals (from personal experience) + the doc fee has no cap in KS vs $199 cap in MO.

1 Like

I was just at a BMW dealership in Fl St Pete, they have me 5,800 off msrp of 64,545, 799 a month 2k down.
This was for a 540i

Are you asking for feedback, or are posting as a reference/data point for OP?

If you’re looking for feedback, open a new topic in ‘ask the hackrs’. Otherwise, a FL deal won’t help OP much (in KS).

Why are you guys investing so much time coaching @Reg1 ? He/she hasn’t listened to a single fucking thing you’ve said yet.

Hasn’t read leasing 101, hasn’t done any research to set a target deal.

You came here asking for advice, we gave it to you- you didn’t read it, engaged a dealer right away, and shocker you’re on the verge of signing a bad deal

2 Likes

WTF gives you that impression? I did read and watch all of 101, and adjusted what I needed to do based on the feedback I received. It’s called a learning curve. I simply posted what the deal offered to me was, and how it compares to others in this market….forget my target price… I couldn’t get there, it was wishful thinking, I need to compare more reasonable deals for today.

Leased car, I held firm with 3k total due at signing, repeatedly said this is with everything included. They said my plates would be mailed to me. Done and done.

Today I get an email that my registration is ready to be picked up and to be paid for….
$779. WTF??