BMW iX All-Electric SUV Discussion

A post was split to a new topic: Signed: BMW iX SAV

Lol the nearest BMW dealership to me has 66 cars on the lot and 45 are iX or i4 (most are iX).

I wouldnā€™t call this a pile up, but their floorplan isnā€™t used to having cars last this long lol. The normal inventory turn on a X5 or X7 is 5 days.

I mean, this EV glut is approaching pre-pandemic days supply. Eeeekkkkk.

Link? 45 seems excessive - havenā€™t seen any dealerships with that many.

Theyā€™re clearly not trying to move them if they have that many sitting.

https://www.eastbaybmw.com/

Oh, that answers itā€¦ itā€™s East Bay :joy:

Have you worked with them before? Theyā€™reā€¦ interesting :joy: (as in there will always be some techie or retiree with too much cash on hand that will pay their prices :man_shrugging:)

One of their sales (managers?) used to be on LHā€¦ he was adamant he doesnā€™t do LH pricing except for specific units

Has anyone on LH picked up one with the LED Sky Lounge? Curious if itā€™s as cool as it looks.

@Bostoncarconcierge @IAC_Scott @IAC

No such thing to my knowledge just the opaque/translucent electronic shade

1 Like

Ah I just checked the configurator and you are correct.

Itā€™s a 7 series thing.

1 Like

I personally canā€™t say I have a good or bad experience with them trying to get a car. As IAC points out, they may not be willing to deal at this time, because they came across as indifferent about trying to sell iXā€™s.

However, ,y wife hated the iX when she sat in it, so I couldnā€™t even go on a test drive haha. The car feels somewhere between a X3 and X5. It is very cramped on the second row and feels like itā€™s missing a lot of cargo room too.

However, while we were at the showroom, their sales person told me that East Bay BMW was accepting BEV (iX, i4) allocation from various BMW dealers throughout the USA who felt they couldnā€™t reasonably push EVs through their own non-CA floorplan.

So East Bay BMW was expecting hundreds of units to come in during Q3. I donā€™t know how this is going to manifest, but if you go to East Bay BMW their floorplan is almost all BEVs. I feel like if your ready to deal, theyā€™ll deal with you.

1 Like

First drive efficiency. Not quite as good as the I4, but itā€™s alot more machine.

148 miles at 46% SOC works out to 322 miles at 100% SOC. That would be quite impressive.

1 Like

The regen is pretty excellent on these, Iā€™ll have to dig up some data recorded coming down from the Eisenhower tunnels into Dillon, Idaho Springs down into Denver and Vail Pass down into Vail and points west.

Hereā€™s whatā€™s achievable with the 21ā€ Sport wheels.
IMG_2610

And to no surprise, the range doesnā€™t totally go out the window when driving at higher speeds (in Mexico of course)

This has been mentioned before but I thought I would add my opinion.

I saw the iX for the first time on the road this week and like others have said, it is not as bad looking in person. I wouldnā€™t say it is good looking, but definitely more sporty and less hideous than it looks in pictures and even video.

I think most people interested in this car are looking for the tech, crazy performance, and comfort, and the good lease dealsā€¦but helps to know it is not a total monstrosity in person. Maybe like 60% lol

Been shopping EVs and agree with the above :joy:. Dealer had a base white iX and I didnā€™t even bother test driving. Ran into a sport package blue ridge that was actually quite nice at another dealer and changed my mind about the car.

The iX is a little bland style wise compared to the eTron, both pricing similar. As always, color and rims make any car.

Lyriq deals are very enticing, have a deposit in one but the Reddit forums are making me reconsider based on how glitchy they are, with Gm slow to fix issuesā€¦

Tesla is boring inside

I agree with this and my biggest disappointment is these ugly 20" rims. I will have them replaced as soon as I can ā€“ I think it will really transform the look.

As for colorā€¦ My thought was to pick a color that was most effective at hiding the sticker grill. I think the issue with black & white is the grill stands out too much (especially when itā€™s bronze).

1 Like

If we were keeping the iX I would probably trade you for the 20ā€s the next time Iā€™m up that way, lol.

1 Like

Mentioning the Regenā€¦ so when you put it in ā€œBā€ modeā€¦ how much bat % are we to estimate getting back?

I hate that mode unless Iā€™m in trafficā€¦ but if Iā€™m pushing the limits of the range, wonder what I can get.

What you may like, is that the IX has a setting called ā€œAdaptiveā€ regeneration mode. It will vary the regeneration based on driving conditions. During high speed highway driving, it applies very little regen and you can almost coast when releasing the accelerator. At low speed, or in traffic, the regen is increased to allow for better one-pedal driving.

3 Likes

Could not agree more. I was shopping this car, and I really liked it on the showroom floor. I saw a couple out in the wild, and the styling is very non-descript. Although, the interior, especially in chestnut, is beautiful. I am not sure why the grill is so polarizing to people? I ended up moving on and getting a Merc. Maybe next go aroundā€¦

Good job, guys!

3 Likes