BMW iX All-Electric SUV Discussion

We’ll have to see what MY 2025 brings

It appears Larry David has upgraded from an i3:

To an iX in the final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm:

10 Likes

How is everyone’s range holding up? I’ve been consistently getting 360 miles with the photo being the highest I’ve seen

The 307 BMW marketed seems extremely conservative.

3 Likes

As you might know this estimated range will fluctuate drastically based on how you’ve driven in the past 15-20 minutes. When I come down a mountain and arrive home my estimated range is 450+ miles, but I know it’s not realistic range to ever achieve. 340 is really typical for me.

1 Like

Here’s a trip from today. Heavy rain and high 40’s ambient temps for at least half the drive and cruise set at 85 for the rest of the drive.

Used 98% of the pack — On that note the degradation appears to be nearly non existent even on a 24,000 mile example so that does seem to bode well for longevity thus far.

4 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: BMW Current Design Landfill

He had an e-tron as well if I recall

New “silver” trim and round wheel.

No love for the squircle?

2 Likes

Cybertruck took it.

Most bad-ass squircle design study goes to Freeman Thomas in like 2007. But now with the Cybertruck and Lucid’s Gravity having squircle steering wheels… the EV crowd thinks it’s another EV-invention like the Frunk. Sucks.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a2050046/arresting-development-hot-pursuit-ultimate-muscle-sedan-ford-unleashes-interceptor/

mines been at the port for a week…

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

Any issues with the iX? So many complaints in the EQS thread makes me wonder if it’s volume or just issues with the new EV platforms.

I’ve had 3 EVs with no shop time in regards to software or battery systems, my PHEVS however were always having issues.

1 Like

The iX admittedly does go through a lot of stop sales and recalls but more than anything due to an overabundance of caution from what I can tell.

That being said, I can’t say I’ve gotten anything but positive feedback that stood out on them with hundreds sold over the last year or so.

2 Likes

Not many tbh, the only minor compliant would be the digital key via phone is sometimes glitchy but works most of the time. The massage settings sometimes don’t reset back to normal and have to manually adjust.

Hard to think of many though.

1 Like

It has the same flawed coolant changeover valve as the I4, I5 and I7 – if it was built in the afflicted range period. Have had some minor issues with software that usually can be fixed by a hard reset. Otherwise, we’ve had no service-related problems in 6000 miles.

2 Likes

Yeah the exact same reason I choose to avoid the EQS despite the better price. Also the car is for my wife who has my twin 5 years olds with her. I just want to avoid breakdowns as much as possible for her.

1 Like

Mine stranded me for about 30 minutes in rush hour traffic due to a drivetrain error. Towed to dealer and fixed after software update over 2 days. Had an iX loaner. Car has been fine ever since.

1 Like

I’ve had my '23 for 12 months and zero problems. Every 2-3 months I might get a weird error message on the infotainment screen, or my Apple CarPlay would stop connecting. But if I reboot the operating system (takes about 2 minutes, and you can even do it while driving the car) these little software glitches fix themselves.

You might have seen this recent article? FWIW, Edmund’s says this car is one of their most reliable EVs.

2 Likes

I’ve had less issues with the iX in 11 months than I have with our MX in 8 weeks.