BMW iX All-Electric SUV Discussion

Thanks for posting! This is interesting stuff. It’s be cool if they had a column for original MSRP too, seems like there is a pretty wide range of iX MSRP’s.

I’ve been eyeing a couple of these lightly used for like 65-70 thousand. But I worry that anything that’s being resold that quickly is likely to have issues, or why else would it be resold? I would imagine as the 2022 MY 2 year leases start to roll off that will push prices down and put more non-lemon used on the market, but tbh I could totally not understand the dynamics here.

2 year leases don’t even make sense today with the extremely subsidized programs. I highly doubt there was more than a handful of 2022’s that went out on two year contracts.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, bummer for me though :smile:

I don’t think you are going to see enough of a cost savings on used to justify the risk. If all you are looking for is “best value” some of these dealers will be holding anchors in the form of MY23 service loaners and we’ve already seen some big discounts on them (ok, one). For $100 or even $200 more a month, a new MY24 just simply has better tech then a MY22.

1 Like

Oi! Triple net is 11% - 12% (unless a loaner) is not a realistic target. The market right now got a little tighter because there’s not as many allocations

2 Likes

With this new $2K “deal saver” incentive we have seen over 12% effective.

I still have yet to have anyone confirm what this actually is, we’re thinking it might be western region only, given the insane amount of inventory now sitting in that region.

2 Likes

Just picked up a blk/blk with sport and upgraded wheels. 10% off, standard rebate and Penfed rebate, buy rate, max MSDs. $799 dealer fee.

I’ve seen the deals with 11-12% off but I was satisfied with 10% and a decent trade on my i4.

6 Likes

Penfed has rebate on this? I didn’t think so?

1 Like

Sorry. It might have been a military discount through id.me.

24’s have an MMR now

So if you get a 95k car for 11% off + rebate you’re sorta kinda but not really even on value

1 Like

It’s a strong initial result, about $8K over the 2023 average, which is a pretty significant premium. I do not find it surprising, given the 24 is a better vehicle.

1 Like

What changed from 23 to 24?

The biggest feature in '24 is Highway Assist which allows hands free driving up to 85mph. '23 models only have hands free up to 40 mph. There are some other small fringe benefits such as Plug and Charge and GPS-based Comfort Access. One large feature that exists on stock '23 models is Air Suspension and 2-Axle Rear Steering. Air Suspension is extremely rare on '24 models, and rear steering is not available on '24s.

Also I could make a strong case that the '23 model is better than the '24 iX 50 in the most important ways, but the '24 does have a newer computer which will allow it to access future upgrades by BMW.

5 Likes

The iX would be absolutely sublime if it had the 10 degree rear steering like the Benzes. I was genuinely impressed with the EQS’s ability to navigate a parking garage. We just can’t have it all…

3 Likes

The biggest change is the head unit upgrade (HU5), which happened in the middle of the 2023 model year. Along with this new hardware is the switchover from Idrive 8.0 to Idrive 8.5 – which in my opinion is a significant improvement in usability.

Any features which depend on HU5 cannot be supported on an early head unit. This includes full hands-free driving (aka Highway Assist), A/R driving visualizations and remote parking. Coming from a Tesla, where i had these features, for me this was a requirement.

Air suspension remains a stand-alone option, but rear-steering is not available. Have not missed either of these but handsfree at 85mph is amazing, especially when compared to the latest Autopilot updates.

2 Likes

I went with a poverty build on mine.
Just the convenience package.

Thought about adding the drivers assistance and air suspension but opted against it to keep costs down monthly.

If I was keeping the car for a while or was my only car I would have added Sport and ventilated seats also.

1 Like

I got this deal https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers/lease.2024-iX-xDrive50.bmwatl.html?
modal=special-offers-legal

699 plus tax and need to put 6200 due sign in. Anyone pleae help, this is my first time to lease and have no idea if this make sense or not. Im trying to get lease to get the tax incentive then i buy it out later. Would you please tell me what should i ask them or what should i look for?

Thanks

stop screwing around and just contact one of the brokers here.

USERNAME: IAC or IAC_Scott
Insight Auto Consulting
Broker

3 Likes