BMW i8 coupe deal , need a second pair of eye

Msrp 170-174k( keeping it abstract as someone stole my deal last time
Discount 25 to 27 %
Selling price which the dealer says includes ol code for 1000k ,this dosent make sense to me
Rebate 2465 plus ?ol code as said above
BMW cca 1500
Msd 5600
Das 3447( dont know how they came with this number ,my leasehackr calculater shows2200) which includes first month, upfront fees, dealer acquisitions plus temporary registration
5 % hich is given monthly state tax
300 registration that I have to pay out of pocket once I get the car here
Mf 0.00113
Rv 65%

Monthly payment 800 with taxes
So total das 9000
Total lease cost 21k

What I dont get it is where did they apply the ol code for 1k and how there das is 3400 when mine in 2400 on calculator

So it is a much higher MSRP and essentially the same payment. Just do it (assuming you do not mind paying $1.40 per mile driven, assuming you use the entire 15,000 miles.) Seems excessive to me, but I do not even have my own car at this time, so what do I know.

Is it $780 or $800? also thereā€™s .00020 in your rate, and some cap reduction youā€™re showing thereā€¦

I missed $50 in the upfrontsā€¦ maybe thatā€™s your temp reg or something, as you said youā€™ll be regā€™ing it yourself?

Either wayā€¦ whatā€™s there to verify or consider at this pointā€¦ rock and roll before someone else finds it.

Looks pretty good

I think they added the ol code there because the cap cost reduction dosent make sense , mf 0.00113

I dont get where the 2000 downpayment is coming from

OL is really $500 from the manufacturer, and is part of your total sales price discount, itā€™s not a line item taxable rebate. The dealer simply claims it from BMW as a reduction in their cost and passes it to you in the discount. The cap reduction is likely just what was required to get you to your payment, it shows it on your screen shots as $4,620 minus your $2,465 rebate. You were likely thinking $925+tax acq fee upfront, but it seems they capped that and just rolled you to your target payment based on the sales price they were willing to drop toā€¦ If it were me, Iā€™d compromise with myself/yourself and drop your DAS to around $1,900 and raise your payment to the $849 mark with an increased MSD of $5,950. In fact Iā€™d probably just drop MSDs altogether in most cases to make a potential lease transfer simpler, but it is quite a significant savings in this case in a short 24 months.

I would blur out your residual number :slight_smile: Iā€™m sure someone can easily determine the MSRP from it and poach this from you again

I would like to thank avus and this forum again. This morning , I was able to change the mf from 0.00113 to 0.00093 which saved me another 1000 , and with bmw cca this deal is costing me after registration 19 k for 2yr . I know itā€™s not the best deal but itā€™s a good deal which makes my journey to look for an i8 end her
Next stop continue looking for deals for 3 of my friends and so the journey continues.

AGAIN THANK YOU ALL .

2 Likes

Niceā€¦glad it worked out for youā€¦post a photo!

1 Like

What was the final payment?

I have to pay for registration in my state so that is close to another 300 to 400 and I am paying 650 for transport which is close to 60% . So almost 20k . I have to apply for cca which I am hoping would pay me back 1500 . Again I dont know whether itā€™s a great deal, but itā€™s a good / comfortable deal for me and I am happy about the car. Keeping my fingers crossed that bmwfs donot reject my app. Will keep you good updated.

Thank you

1 Like

Well the reduced MF from your deal makes it even better. Plus Mid-700ā€™s for a 170k carā€¦ Iā€™d say thats amazing haha

Wow that deal does look pretty amazing. If I could get an i8 for that I would, but according to @aronchi OP on the i8s Iā€™d be denied. From what I read you must fulfill ALL 3 of the following in order to be approved:

• Have over $200k in verifiable income
  • Have tier 1 credit
  • Have a history of high end auto

I donā€™t make over $200k a yr so right off the bat Iā€™m out. No history of high end auto either as all Iā€™ve leased in the last 6 years were bmw 330/328. Only thing going for me is tier 1 credit lol.

1 Like

Congrats, glad it worked out! Itā€™s not a just a good deal, itā€™s pretty much ā€œbestā€ Iā€™d say haha. Under $900/mo effective for a 2 year lease on a $173k carā€¦ some would call it almost half off. The CCA more than covers your local reg and transport as well. Canā€™t really find anything to consider left on the table here haha!

are those requirements for real? havenā€™t heard of it. What do they consider ā€œhigh end autoā€?

Thank you guys , I think you suggestion helped me avus. I still havent been approved , so tomorrow I will tell you guys the exact damage, this turned out to be a great surprise, I was looking for a coupe ended up getting a roadster.
But again this deal was only possible by all your support.
@Ggxxflip best of luck, if I find anything will keep u updated

2 Likes

How many miles per year, 7.5k?

Yes 7500 for 2 yrs

1 Like

Iā€™m curious where this 200k figure comes from. Say you make 140k single with no debtā€¦ $800/mo on car isnā€™t much at allā€¦