BMW I5 - All Electric Luxury Sedan

M3/M4 still looks as horrible as the day they debuted it. Throw up in the mouth inducing every time I see one driving towards me.

2 Likes

The Bangle-era BMWs were nasty b/c of the detailing, not b/c of the silhouettes (which were actually quite nice). Strangely, I think they have generally aged much better than most designs from the same time period (prob b/c they have been so influential – for better or worse).

That 5-series had a very nice general shape. My main issue was w/ the design of the headlight housing, incl the side blinders (which I thought were truly offensive and disgusting).

Agree. EPA classification is based on interior capacity, so we’ll see how this gets classified. It hasn’t mid-sized for awhile, though. I imagine the next 3-series will grow to fill in the void, alas.

To be fair, if you live in DFW, you’re far more likely to have your own charger.

I’m more upset by the interior. I’m hoping they’ll cave and at least add the HVAC buttons back. iDrive 8 is fine, but it’s a PITA as soon as you want to adjust the temperature or make some small change that now required several screen taps.

Nope. Too expensive to have physical controls for things.

Yeah but with the M60 in cold weather if that EPA range drops by just 30%, you’re at 175 miles.

So they announced the gas 5 today and looks like there is only a 530 option?

theres a 540 as well

For some reason I didn’t see it anywhere on the BMWUSA page

https://www.caranddriver.com/bmw/5-series

I guess they’re being suspenseful by announcing one engine a day…

1 Like

$90k gets you a Tesla S, 405 miles, 3.1 sec 0-60, bigger car, faster and has better resale value I am sure.

But then it’s a Tesla at the end of the day. :poop: :poop:

3 Likes

Starting to hear about allocations turned into orders… Anybody here waiting for one?

I reached out to my local dealer, and he stated that they won’t be available until October. I wouldn’t mind test driving one.

Spotted one this morning,

2 Likes

Palisades or GSP? I used to see masked cars on the Palisades all the time commuting to and from Hoboken, even though HQ is off the GSP.

Looks so meh, what did you think driving by in person?

I think that the wheel options on the 5 series overall are hideous.

2 Likes

I saw one in person a while ago.
I promise you it somehow looks worse in person.
The redeeming quality was that it made the iX look acceptable.

1 Like