BMW I5 - All Electric Luxury Sedan

Palisades……

1 Like

Agree it looked pretty bland. Also looked on the small side.

NJ Corp HQ is in NNJ - that’s a Corporate plated car with Vehicle Manufacturer plates, road testing or some c-suite taking a little joy ride?

It was right before the GWB, looked like C suite employee, the NJ headquarters is around 30 minutes from here.

Everyone around here who drives in that area knows where it is. There’s a big sign right off the GSP. :slight_smile:

The Google Maps picture of it isn’t great.

1 Like

Yeah my thoughts too, not enough camo, hoping ppl wouldn’t notice because it looks so close to an ICE?

Anyone know what the take rate on the i7 is?

While I don’t love BMW’s design language (generally), they do a good job of hiding the size of some of their cars. The new 5-series is actually quite large, in terms of exterior dimensions…

Not bad?

@AutoCompanion @Midhudkivoac

I’m from this area. I ran into them about 2 weeks ago at a local car wash and was chatting with the guys from the Montvale HQ’s . They let me check it out and sit in it.

It’s a sharp looking car.

4 Likes

Cape York green does not look bad.

1 Like

Especially with the smoke white interior.

I think I like the burgundy one the best. Edit: there is no burgundy on it, only on the regular 5 series.

That interior look really nice, they were execs or just regular employees?

You’d be surprised at the types of employees that can pull cars from the pool over there, you don’t need to be C-Suite to be driving something like this necessarily.

3 Likes

Took this a few months back.

1 Like

It is, the white interior is sharp. They were younger guys dressed in denim jeans/sneakers and looked about in their mid to late 20’s.

There was a total of 4-5 of them all in different colors and they were washing them and bringing them back to headquarters. They were demo’ing them to local dealers . This car was right next to mine so we started shooting the shit.

I asked what was with the covered emblems/black tape over the decals and he said since these aren’t available at dealers yet, there’s some law in NJ that prohibits the mfg to advertise their emblem. Stuff I never knew lol

I like it tho . This will def be on my list next year.

This is prob my favorite color combo too

2 Likes

Going to local dealer’s i5 viewing next week - website claims $719/month lease on the base i5…

National offer, read fine print.

Looks like it’s official now. Pricing, compared to M60, seems like a middle ground, but compared to the specs, it’s still alot. Waiting to see what the lease program may look like.

The AWD BMW i5 xDrive40 starts at an MSRP of $70,100

• Dual motor AWD (fifth-generation electric drive units)
  • 390 horsepower
  • Peak torque – 435 lb-ft
  • 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds
  • Top speed of 130 mph
  • 84.3 kWh (usable energy)
  • AC charging rate: 11 kW
  • DC charging rate: Up to 205 kW
  • 10-80% recharge in 30 minutes
2 Likes