BMW I5 - All Electric Luxury Sedan

When are you going to pick one up?

Here is my build based on the leaked pricing guide:

2025 I5 xDrive40
Base Price $70,100
Metallic paint $650, Veganza leather $STD, DAPP $2000, Msport $3000, Msport Pro $1050, Prem $2350, Sky Lounge $600,B&W $950
Total: $80,700

Looked at one way, that comes in almost $12K less compared to my M60 build. Plug that into the LH calculator, at prevailing terms, and you can get it to a LH8 score.

But another way, it’s $80K for “only” 390 hp and a 5.2 0 to 50. Big performance drop-off from M60 to xDrive40. It’s even a big drop off from my I4 M50 (which I should just realistically keep).

I’m more hoping for a 2024 I5 M60 blowout.

“Leaked.” Hahaha. You know where I stand on pricing.

@holeydonut - I already told @z0lt3c that I had an allocation for him over a week ago! :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah he needs to ditch the Ariya and get another BMW.

1 Like

As far as EV stuff goes, same size battery as i4 with slower DC charging.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: BMW Current Design Landfill

Also, it is less efficient.

It was in the mid 60’s in NJ today and I put about 120 miles (roundtrip) on the I5 M60. Was able to achieve 3.1 mi/kWh and I was driving near 80 for most highway segments. Much better efficiency then my trip home from the dealer when it was 30 degrees.

2 Likes

@IAC @IAC_Scott @AutoCompanion

Any thoughts on this new BEV conquest rebate? I don’t see it in supporter calculator, can you confirm, is this new? Article suggests it may stack but is regional?

According to a bulletin that BMW sent to dealers last week, the German automaker has introduced a new BMW 2024 BEV Conquest Program that gives $1,000 to owners of select EV brands to make the switch to one of BMW’s electric vehicles.

It’s real, only for the Western Region (as defined by BMW).

$1k, doesn’t combine with loyalty so it would never make sense for a loyal customer to use it except on an iX.

We’re not missing out on much, really.

2 Likes

It’s definitely real. We used it for a customer delivery today on an iX. Stacks with lease cash, but not with loyalty or corp (not applicable on the iX anyway, but for other models you’d have to pick one over the other).

1 Like

Thanks, I see it when I put in a CA zip code.

With the warmer weather I’ve continued to see the efficiency improve.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: BMW Current Design Landfill

Wow, 3.4m/kwh, that’s impressive for a sedan this size.

How so? My iX gets similar efficiency in warmer weather. I would expect the i5 be more efficient than 3.4 mi/kWh, considering the small size battery pack.

This is the M60 drivetrain. I also have an IX. I find the I5 is definitely more variable in its efficiency.

My EQS 450+ is at 3.6 mi/kwh

I’ll buy the 3.4 on bmw :slight_smile:

Wow, my average on EQB is 2.6mi/kwh. The best I can get is 3.0-3.2 mi/kwh.

Try to use the strong recuperation, it really makes a difference on the consumption