BMW i4 and iX Pre-Orders June 1st

I have the 2019 etron, funny enough when I drive, I get around 197 miles but my wife gets 218 haha.

Yeah I love the etron but the max miles adds a bit of inconvenience but bearable

yeah I know this has been talked about extensively… I can not get past that grill/kidney they just look weird to me.

There’s EA chargers in Huntsville, Madisonville and Ennis. That’s one more charger than we have available for Tesla!

And as a Model X and Model 3 owner, our cars don’t make that trip in one shot either even at the speed limit.

1 Like

At least Audi has their charging game on point so it’ll charge faster than pretty much anyone else on 150kW

2 Likes

Yup, I just want to use my EA credit haha. Haven’t found an opportunity to use it because of my L2 outlet at home lol

Agreed - 220 mile range is why the etron, when it comes off lease, will be sold at scrap value (assuming no more chip shortage)…

1 Like

I’m amazed how many people on the e-tron forums purchased vs leased for that very reason

1 Like

Not really. I’m being serious when I say a MX gets similar range IRL.

But if you make the range estimator display mileage by taking an unrealistic epa rating times the battery percentage instead the actual expected range, it’ll say a lot more miles and that’s what really matters.

1 Like

What will happen if new tax credit are expanded but for domestic electric cars only?

I imagine that only domestic evs would get the federal credit then.

3 Likes

It would be even harder to take Tesla’s market share then.

2 Likes

Then the Europeans will quickly adapt and start making the electric models here. Ie the reason why China has a Tesla factory.

1 Like

Hopefully the new i line can be hacked like the i3!

Won’t happen for a while.

I’m down for one of each.

2 Likes

Just got the email for the pre order, but I’m confused. So do you get the whole car or just the grill?

5 Likes

I was on the BMW Canada site and noticed they have the iX configurator up, so I was taking a quick peek. Ofc the options packages will differ a bit, but there’s some interesting new additions beyond the B&W (which appears to be priced the same as the current system).

Im looking for or to order and ix 5- any idea how long the lead time is?

I have an allocation available to build. List and rate markup.