BMW I4 35e Deal

Going shopping today and interested in a BMW I4 35e. The first pass we received last night was bad. No discount (full MSRP) and marked up MF (0.00205). At least they passed along the tax credit in full…

Wondering what’s attainable on these. My initial thought was to go to the dealer we’ve bought four cars from already (not the one from last night) and just say if they can do 5% off and base MF, they have a deal. But they are a very high volume dealer (I think top 3 or 4 in the country for BMW) so not sure how much they actually have to deal. I’m not a grinder for every last penny. Just want a fair deal. In the past, I feel like they’ve done fair but not knock it out of the park deals. Different environment now though…

Might wanna hit up @Clutch for a better deal on one of these where you’re at.

You’re going to be paying way more than any ~250 mile range EV is worth.

1 Like

One should never talk numbers with a dealer without already knowing what’s attainable. How can you effectively negotiate without even knowing where youre trying to get to?

1 Like

Here’s a special that was run in March, to give you an idea:

with this update on the change from Mar → April

“MF got better by 20bps but residual got worse by 1%. Pretty much washed each other out.”

1 Like

This may be hard to believe, but some people don’t shop for cars based solely on how far they go. Kinda crazy, huh?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.