BMW i3 lease help!

Hello,
I live in suburbs of Philadelphia and am looking for the best BMW i3 lease. Here’s what I received from a local dealer.

What monthly payment are you expecting?

I am looking to be in the $199- $225 range. I looked for the $10,000 discount, but doesn’t seem like there is one available in this area

That MSRp seems ridiculously high!

$199 to $225 isn’t possible at all with no downpayment. Why do you think you can get that monthly payment without a huge downpayment?

Your first step should be to negotiate the MSRP BEFORE they apply rebates.

So looks like the rebates $7500 … and only $4200 off msrp. Thats not even 10% off msrp.
Negotiate 10-12% off msrp first.
Then include the $7500 rebate.

I doubt you will achieve low payments @ that MSRP. Maybe consider lower msrp.

Apologies. Correction - down payment 2,000

7% off which seems to be the standard opening offer.

Can you do $2000 loyalty, $500 USAA, or $1000 BMW CCA (can buy a membership for $134 to get the rebate)? Also search for a $1000 OL code. Of course the $7500 which is already in there. The USAA and CCA rebates do not stack, one or the other. OL should stack. The USAA/CCA/OL are for new only, no service loaners.

The CCA rebate is post-purchase/lease so doesn’t come in to your negotiations with the dealer.

Depending on where in PA, PECO has a $50 rebate.

Can you do $2000 loyalty, $500 USAA, or $1000 BMW CCA (can buy a membership for $134 to get the rebate)? Also search for a $1000 OL code. Of course the $7500 which is already in there. The USAA and CCA rebates do not stack, one or the other. OL should stack. The USAA/CCA/OL are for new only, no service loaners.

How about $1000 grad and $500 Fleet ? Do they stack with these ?

I think it is possible it we stack everything (including local state/utility rebate) and get at least 14% dealer discount on MSRP $52K

I believe the USAA/CCA do not stack with fleet rebates either, between all 3 of those it’s pick one. I could be wrong.

I think I’m going to do USAA for mine, not sure I trust paying $134 then waiting on essentially a mail-in rebate for $1000.

$20 off a router, sure :slight_smile:

Not sure about the grad, usually it will be in the terms of that rebate if it can be combined.

I believe USAA is pretty much a form of fleet.

The MSRP is the MSRP, dealers can’t play around with that. The question is do you understand all the trim levels and options on the i3. Based on the MSRP, it looks like it’s a high trim level car you’re looking at. Is that the specific one you want? Because if it is, then naturally you’re going to be paying more for it. Likewise, if you get a barebones i3, your lease will be less expensive. Either way, I think the monthly payment you’re looking for isn’t possible, even with lower trim levels.

58195 is likely everything (tech/driver assistance /moonroof/HK sound) including 20" wheels and a higher price color. BTW the 20" wheels are terrible in PA winters. Didn’t stop me from getting them just keep that in mind. They’re somewhat hard to find too when you (and you will before your lease is up) need replacements from being worn out or nail strikes.

Agreed that you can get a lower overall price if you can deal with a lower trim level.

Grad/USAA/Fleet/BMWCCA – Can only use one of these.

BMWCCA comes after the fact…how or why would the dealer even be aware of it?

They wouldn’t but it doesn’t stack with any fleet/USAA/corp codes, it’s one or the other. If you’ve already used one of the first three in GAngellBMW’s post the CCA rebate will be denied.

I like the idea of it not coming in to negotiation so the dealer can’t say that it’s already included in their price, but to ride $1000 on a rebate is a lot when you could use a $500 USAA rebate at the time of sale. $134 for those without a CCA membership to be eligible for the rebate, so the rebate is actually $866 if looking at it that way.

WTF…that’s gonna piss a lot of people off

“This program is not available in conjunction with other special purchase programs offered by
BMW NA or BMW centers. (including but not limited to the USAA and Corporate Fleet
programs)”

That happened to @MConte05. It was in the terms, so can’t blame anyone though.