BMW Demo Residual Issue

dammit! totally forgot about that.

Unfortunately I donā€™t qualify for loyalty, just have PenFed and corporate sales program certificate. That makes losing out on loyalty a little less of an issue.

I couldnā€™t get a broker to within $50 per month of the $690 payment (DAS equal) so I think the loaner is the way to go. If BMWFS recalculates the RV in my favor Iā€™m $100 ahead of the best broker offer I received.

Maybe I didnā€™t get in touch with the most aggressive brokersā€¦

Were the MSRPs equal? Thereā€™s a BMW dealer based in so-cal whoā€™s on this forum actually.
You just need to be able to get at least 10% off MSRP and base MF to match this deal.

@nextlevelautobrokers is good,ā€” heā€™s east coast though

MSRP was less on the broker deal (but within $1k or so)

have you tried @BMW_Dave ?
Heā€™s in your region

1 Like

There actually donā€™t seem to be many 2020 M550i in-stock in SoCal. @BMW_Dave appears to be out. Contact @legendsauto, maybe his network of dealers has something that would work for you.

2 Likes

He could still swap one in, but agreed

Thanks for the tag @Jon

OP, feel free to reach out, we can help with an M550 (I only have new ones).

1 Like

Yeah if I donā€™t have one in stock to trade I wouldnā€™t be able to get one unless thereā€™s one just sitting in Priority 5 at the port which I highly doubt. This would be one of the situations where the broker road would be the best option (see we donā€™t have to always be against each other :wink:)

As far as the demo over 5k miles, it is a 9% adjustment. You can see here:

P.S. Thanks for the tag as well!

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget another $1k rebate for BMWCCA rebate on a 2020 newā€¦(if youā€™re a member)

Iā€™m the phantom person you were texting with this weekend :smiley:

I think itā€™s time to update the wiki

When did that change happen? 2019s arenā€™t leasable anymore, but is this RV penalty change also on 2020 loaners?

Iā€™m not sure when the change happened. Iā€™d have to go back and look at the programs for each month. But yes it is the same for 2020 models. If the miles are 7,500-9,999 than is defaults to BMWā€™s dollar based residuals which is even worse than the 9% adjustment.

1 Like

If a BMW demo has Under 5,000 miles around what percentage should be off the MSRP in NY?

I typically see loaners discounted anywhere from 17-20% (broker deals)
They mostly always have under 5k miles

Do u think it will be worse now because everything going on? seems like the discounts for loaners arenā€™t that good now.

Well thereā€™s a supply/demand issue. No more new BMWs on the ship headed to our shores.
Dealers have limited inventoryā€¦and excessive demand. The deals are pretty much as good as they can be.

heā€™s got a huge selection of loaner cars, plus a long history of closed deals on loaners, so you can see what % the off amt wasā€¦750Xi is 21% off

heā€™s got 18% on an X2

heā€™s got 18% on 2 330Xis

Yeah so your options are limited, and it looks like they will only get more limited as time goes on.

1 Like