BMW Dealer Offering to Buy Current X1 Lease and Exchange for Another w/ Same Terms

That’s not how MSDs are calculated.

Yes, you’re right - missed that.

$350 x 7 is $2450. Not sure if payment is over or under $350. If $360 it would round to $400 x 7 = $2800.

Sure, here’s a copy of the lease. Also I think the calculation is 2507.54 ÷ 358.22 = 7

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7tLU8XHEQ24uwjC-mKNC23uqrgA9lOQ/view?usp=sharing

Truth! I’m gonna buy a Tesla after my Mercedes lease ends just so I never have to step into another dealership in my life.

It looks like they calculated it incorrectly. I wonder what BMW did when they went to fund that contract. The MSD is supposed to be the payment rounded up to next $50 - so $358 rounds to $400 x 7 = $2800.

That contract would have most definitely been rejected by BMW.

but like they’re going to refund me my MSDs right? :fearful:

This is the contract that both I and the dealer signed, right? So isn’t that what should be honored?

Not necessarily has to be funded and accepted by the bank to be honored, but you should have been notified if it didn’t fund and they’d typically ask you to come in and resign.

Do you have a copy of what BMWFS says they have on file? Wonder if the dealership fraudulently submitted a different version where they removed that incorrect MSD amount from the contract.

The BMWFS manager said he’d email me a copy, I’ll share it when I receive. Both of our versions have identical DAS amount.

So shady. I hope I dont need to get an attorney involved.

If the DAS amounts are the same, but there is no MSD listed in the other version, then you’re going to be in a messy situation.

I thought BMW rounds these up to the nearest $50.

It is all in the thread above. This is why folks are saying this would not have funded.

So you’re saying I’m not at my sharpest at 5:30 in the morning? :fried_egg:

2 Likes

I think the better question is, “Did you actually get the CD player?”

2 Likes

Do you remember having to go back and sign something different after you picked up the car? If BMWFS says their contract is different and we can clearly see the dealer screwed up the MSD calculation, there is a good probability the deal was restructured after you signed. Only question is if you signed the new one or if the dealer signed it for you. Also if they kept same cash at signing and payment, that MSD $$ would have been converted to cap reduction and they probably had to bump the selling price or MF to make the numbers work which means they inflated their profit at the same time.

Is this IA or Milwaukee North? I went into IA and asked them what they would offer for my 330 if I traded it in. They said they’d buy it out at cost (???) of my residual so I wouldn’t owe anything, when I know I have at least 6k equity. Crooks I tell ya.

EDIT: it is IA. do not recommend these guys.

Now, this is a story all about how my lease got flipped-turned upside down and I’d like to take a minute, just sit right there. I’ll tell you why I’ll never lease a car as long as I live!

BMWFS called me yesterday, said I needed to call the dealer and sort it out; they didn’t want to get in the middle. I was pretty sure I’d be lawyering up in the next few days but I called the dealer up anyways, optimistic and friendly as I could be. Well, long story short, I emailed the sales manager my lease and later that day, to my utter disbelief, he acknowledged the error and said they’ll be mailing me a check for my deposit next week. I still won’t believe it til that checks in my hands, but, fingers crossed, things will turn out ok. Still, I wonder, what really happened? Was it a weird filing error or something more nefarious?

Thank you all for your guidance these last few weeks. I hope there’s a lesson in here for the next unsuspecting greenhorn.

2 Likes

You called up to the dealer about seven or eight

And yelled to the manager, “You won’t screw me later”

You turned to LeaseHackr

And took the advice that was there

Went to sleep tonight well with your check that was fair

If anything you could say that this deal wasn’t rare

And thought “Nah, forget it, yo, holmes I’ll lease a 2022 Lucid Air”

3 Likes