BMW Current Design Landfill

But what do you think about the design? hehehe @z0lt3c

1 Like

Says every BMW owner when a new model comes out lol. My thoughts. BMW wanted a business commuter car that was fun to drive.

Yeah kinda like how the 7 is already growing on me lol but idk this one is a tough one i think

I heard a reviewer say i5 looks like a Chinese knockoff of a 5 series inside and out.

1 Like

Bingo. I agree
The back, and side profiles are not BMW. At all.

I haven’t seen one in person, but in photos it looks like BMW is pushing the Toyotification of the 2 Series sedan up to the 5.

I guess you can call that a strategy, but I prefer the more traditional one where the newest technology and purportedly best designs start at the upper end of the lineup and cascade their way down.

1 Like

Maybe BMW can hire Taiichi Ohno to design cars for BMW too.

Would beat whatever blind/drunk/AI they have in place right now.

1 Like

Right now it looks like they have Ouchi Oh No! designing.

2 Likes

Had to click the link. I was expecting Manningface. But I was not disappointed.

2 Likes

Courtesy @IAC but I thought it would go over well here.

For 2025 BMW IX, there is a new option, Code ZID, Interior Design Package which includes M Interior Trim in Dark Silver and an M steering wheel. This is optional on the iX50 and standard on the iX M60. On the iX50, you are required to order ZSP Sport Package in order to be able to add this package.

For those of you who have wished you could get something other than Titanium Bronze trim in your iX50, that is now possible.

Bronze delete retrofit?

1 Like

Is there a BMW-looks-like-ass delete option and they’ll just put the iX guts into like an E46 or something?

2 Likes

If you put the iX in an X5 body we wouldn’t have to blow them out, lol.

3 Likes

Or the iX in a X7… you could charge Alpina XB7 prices on those.

1 Like

Well I am going to guess its has to do about efficiency and aerodynamics extending the range. Maybe I don’t know the market well enough, but to me most of the mid to large size sedans look all very similar with the few exceptions like the Taycan,

wow you are right. I saw one and drove one. Black is the color to get as makes the front grill look better. To me it looks better in person. Drove as expected, fast and handled well. They missed the boat on some of the nice touches you would expect in the interior. Who knows, I am older and my guess is they are no longer building cars from my generation. They are building it for the younger generation that lives and dies by Honda and Toyota.

1 Like

I think the pendulum will swing back.

I got my first BMW in 2019 and really love it (and I still have it), and I’ve bought and sold another one since, but if I had to lease/buy something now there isn’t a BMW I’d consider…

Although if I had to choose an SUV (I’m a sedan guy), I’d consider an X5 – until they inevitably put 78 giant headlights and a big black frowny moustache face on the front like they’ve done with the 7 and the X7.

1 Like

And while we’re at it, I can’t be the only one who gets the wheelchair-accessible minivan vibe from the forward-tilted, ass-in-the-air stance of that Corolla 220i thingie.

1 Like

It’s the same “I don’t want the mags to say this small car only has an 11 liter trunk” mentality that gave us the Fiesta “sedan”

1 Like

This doesnt look any bettter in person.

4 Likes

All I see is

1 Like