BMW Chicagoland - 2019 330i - Low discounts

I’ve seen on here some topics around difficulty getting Chicagoland BMW stores to “play ball”. I’ve reached out to a few, specifically looking at 2019 330 xdrives, and the dealer discounts are paltry; 5-6% and none of them are budging. In some cases these cars have been on their lots for over 6 months. Is this expected? Should I go away and wait until the end of the month or closer to the holidays?

1 Like

I have had the same issues on the 2019 530xi. Even on the demos they won’t budge.

Look out of state… if you want that deal look outside of the city or state. There are deals out there. I ship all the time or have clients do a nice road trip!

1 Like

I can’t speak for the 330i, but I just recently signed a 2020 m340i at 10% off and a 2020 X5 at 9.2% off in the Chicagoland area

1 Like

I’ve seen decent deals come out of Orland Park. I could forward a recommendation.

1 Like

It would be great if you can PM me a recommendation, thanks!

I’m in Chicago, had my deal shipped from Tennessee, it would have never happened here.

1 Like

I usually get pretty good numbers from Bill Jacobs BMW. Email their sales team.

1 Like

Define ‘pretty good’?

Earlier this year they offered me a 5 series for 550 per month 0 down (I believe a bit above 60k msrp).

Last year I was offered a X1 for 299 a month 0 down (also a loaner around 50-55k msrp.

Hard to tell without details. 5 series deal doesn’t seem very good at all. X1 deal seems decent but no way an X1 can get to $50k. Nice round even monthly payment numbers usually make me nervous…

Anyway moral of the story is that upper midwest is a really tough market for BMW and often times the shipping fee from GA, TN, TX, NJ etc is more than worth it.

2 Likes

Why is it such a tough market compared to East Coast & CA?

Because it is a smaller market that does not need or want to compete with the east or west coasts. When I was at Audi, I would look at sales numbers for each region and if there were 5000 cars sold in the Midwest, there were 20,000 sold on either Coast and 10000 in the south. So if you are selling less cars, you have to sell them for a larger profit. With that said, there are deals out there in the Midwest if you look hard enough for them.

3 Likes

A lot of smaller stores I contact just won’t go much past invoice as they pretty much know they won’t make velocity bonus so no incentive to make loser deals.

2 Likes

I leased a 2020 330i 2 weeks back and had the same problem. They wouldn’t budge from the 6% discount before rebates. I think I was taken for a ride but we’re looking at leasing an X3 now but I’m more informed. Managed to get 8% before rebates but I’m not satisfied. I can probably get a couple hundred dollars taken off but I wonder if better deals can be had out of state.

To all those who leased from out of state. How did you guys do your dealings? Via email/phone? Or did you fly down?

With my clients, I will do Maverick with them, a mobile notary service and other time,I do have clients fly in.