BMW charging me lease assumption fees

Bmw charging me lease assumption fee. Why?

I had someone wanting to takeover my lease a few weeks ago that fell through. He was at one point interested so I began the lease process by calling BMW and shared his email. My understanding is that he would need to pay the $400 assumption fee + $100 app fee upfront to begin the process. He stopped answering so I assumed it fell through. I just checked my statement and BMW put the $500 fees mentioned above on my statement. Can I get these fees removed? Something I’m thinking is that he filled out the application and told them I’d pay for it.

1 Like

If he never filled out the app, call BMW and ask what the deal is. I find the people at BMWFS are generally helpful. None of us can tell you for sure what the deal might be in your particular case.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll call them Monday and see what’s the deal.

When I assumed my BMW lease, I was required to pay the $500 before filling out the assumption credit application online. The person would not be able to tell BMW Financial Services you were paying the fees. That would have to be a separate, private transaction (i.e., you would have to reimburse him independently of BMW).

However, I have attached a copy of the Assumption Process Overview. Pay close attention to Stage 1.

I am curious what happened, so I hope you post back upon their reply.

I’ll be sure to reply back Monday after I speak to them. I’ve done a lease transfer before and the applicant had to pay the $500 upfront and it showed as a payment on my account. I’m now thinking it was put on account after I submitted their email to BMW as a pre-bill for the assumption process.

1 Like

BMW took off the charge same day. It was added since I called to send someone an application.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.