BMW Builds Wait Time

For those who have ordered BMW from factory, what are you guys seeing in terms of wait times for X3/X5? Looking to take delivery in NJ.

1 Like

I ordered mine last week and I was told 6 to 8 weeks. Just checked the tracker today and it still shows “SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION”.

1 Like

Did you get a specific build week? I’m in the same boat as you, it’s said that for the last 2 weeks now. When I call the BMW genius line, it provides a bit more detail and says “production scheduled with no confirmed start date” or something along those lines.

It depends on many factors

Talking to @nextlevelautobrokers is your best bet

1 Like

My wife’s X3 took 4 weeks from order to delivery. The waiting part to begin production is the longest. It usually only takes 1week more or less once they start building the car and roughly 2 days to transport it up to the northeast.

Thanks. What is the story re: ordering and paying for custom configuration? I always thought that you would be stuck paying full price or close to full price for a custom build, is that true ? Do customers pay more when they order a specific options? I love beige interior on Certain cars but 95% are black interior but I just don’t want to pay an additional 3K for beige especially on a lease. I would love feedback from the community. Thanks.

It’s not true if you go through a broker

It shouldn’t be true with a dealer either :slight_smile:

Some dealers could say this to the unknowing buyer but it’s not the case in general

Again, if you’re in NJ, @nextlevelautobrokers is your best bet

2 Likes

Mine took 4 weeks from order to dealer delivery if they have a build a lot code 112.

Hey, do you have any update on your bmw? Mine just moved to “Production Begins” after two weeks.

Mine just went into production today as well.

And what was the timeline like after that? @Njmirb Same question for you.

My X3 took 3-4 weeks as I am near the plant in SC.

Mine is currently off the ship and somewhere between the port in Brunswick(I think) and the Performance Center in SC. So all in all from the very start, beginning of October to having the car by the new year, hopefully.