BMW 540i AWD lease assistance

Can someone help me with the
Mf, residual value and incentives on a 2019 BMW 540i Awd. It is a 15k lease. Would do 39 months like I did on my Infiniti but I think BMW does 36 months. I currently lease a bmw for my wife. Located on Long Island , NY.

I’m going in to spec equipment. Looking for all the safety packages and HUD. A trunk spoiler as well.

Once I get tbe MSRP I’m hoping I can calculate the payment in calculator. Do I need any other info from here or the dealer to perform the mathematical calculations ?

Thanks

Hi!

Congrats! But this forum is for sharing/reviewing your lease with us so as to receive appropriate feedback. Please check this website which should provide you need: https://forums.edmunds.com/discussions/tagged/bmw/5-series

Thanks and sorry. I’ll come back to report the deal once I have it.

1 Like

2019 BMW 540i X drive
MSRP $ 72,085.00
Sell price $ 67,760 (I was told this is invoice)
Additional monies totaling $ 4000 off invoice for this lease
Residual is 57%
Money Factor is .00177
Lease is 36 months / 15 K
Taxes are in the payment
As of 4/25/2019 payment is $ 898.00/month

Expecting an extra 1000 - 1500 in extra off invoice monies in June and if that happens I was told I would be able to take advantage of that.as follows:

If extra 1000 is available above price will drop to $ 864.00/month
If extra 1500 is available above price will drop to $ 850.00/month

So how did I do? and can someone confirm that this is in fact the correct money factor for a 540 x drive at 36 / 15K?

Thanks

6% off would be invoice. They’re not using any holdback though. I’d wait till the end of the month and see what happens then and keep looking in the meantime.

I actually ordered the car.

I have a pre existing relationship here having purchased and leased several vehicles over the years and they required zero deposit. They told me no problem selling this unit if I do not take it its spec’d to my liking but it could be sold.

I do trust the dealer and want to buy here, I just want to be sure I am getting the best deal.

What is the hold back and what does not using any hold back mean?

Thanks

It’s pretty run of the mill… 6% discount before incentives… there is a 2019 540xi listed here with a lower MSRP by a broker with 11.8% off but again that shouldn’t be expected.

Money factor is correct for April, but not May as it’s currently .00165. Typically they lock in the rate based on when you left the deposit in case it goes up.

You can likely do significantly better with a broker even on a custom order.

I was quoted 1800.00 for 3 years of unlimited wheel and tire insurance including cosmetic, through NSD on a 2019 540 I X drive. I think that is high based on my past experience but it was not with a BMW.

Any help would be appreciated.

Britten thanks for the response. I don’t have any experience with a broker but if I did use a broker where would I service it and would i get a loaner car when something needed to be fixed.

Thanks for the money factor. Can you tell me where I can find these numbers in the future ?

Google “2019 BMW 5 series RV MF Edmunds” and the first link that shows up.

The broker is just the middle man for negotiations. You could service it at whatever dealership you want, the loaner policy would be up to that specific dealership. Same as if you leased a car yourself and then moved, you’d service it wherever is closest to you.

I was able to get the following info and there are differences can someone help me Define the terms so I can fill in the lease calculator.

Dealer given info:
2019 BMW 540i X Drive M sport
36 month 15k/ year lease
MSRP $ 72,085.00
Invoice cost (sell price) $ 67,760.00
Current deals $ 4000 off on a lease
RV 57%
MF not give.
Buyout at end of lease is $ 41,088.00
Monthly Lease price including Nassau county sales tax (8.625%) is $850.00 / month. Only drive off payments are for new plates, first month and wheel and tire insurance and extra brake maintence.

—————————————
Additional info off the Edmunds site for June 2019
MF .00165
57% RV
3500 lease credit
2000 loyalty credit (I am a returning leased)

Given the mix of info above can you please help me come up with the correct monthly payment(with tax) before any of the listed up front costs.

Also if you would help a newbie learn by defining the terms so I can fill in the leasehacker calculator. If you could let me know what numbers you used on each line so I can duplicate the results in front of the dealer if necessary.

Thanks very much !

This is what a respectable lease on this car would look like, given all the information you provided is correct:

1 Like