BMW 5 series Price drop?

With the new 2021 refresh of the BMW 5 series announced this week, do you expect it to cause a drop in prices and residuals of 2017-2020 models? Would it be better to try for a discount on a 2020 model or lease the new model?

Grab a 2019 before this month is over. That’s as cheap as it’s going to be for a while (speculation).

1 Like

The 2021 5 series is expected to hit dealerships in July, so you might see a residual drop in remaining 2020 models. Only time will tell.

You will probably get a bigger discount on remaining 2020 models vs the 2021 model.

What part of the country are you located?

Looking to get a 2020 5 series. Currently can’t get any dealer to start the monthly payment with a 4. Located in DFW. Is this unrealistic? They seem really aggressive on the 3 but its too small for the car seats.

If the goal is to clear out 2020 then no.

Unfortunately, without paying drive-offs, you won’t get close. The sales tax is imposed on the selling price after incentives, so even with a 15% discount and loyalty, you’re looking at $90 a month in tax alone. We’re at about $600 including loyalty for 36/10 on units just north of $60,000 in the DFW area.

Gotcha. I have a trade that was valued at 31k, I owe about 31 too.

1 Like

Almost pulled the trigger last month on a 2019 5er… had 2 dealers at 21% off pre incentive with base MF. Even with loyalty and the 2 waiver payments I passed. Knowing the new 2021 was also coming soon I just couldn’t do it. That and 2019’s had no digital cluster.

You got brokers here now advertising 17-18% off 2020’s. Plenty of loaners out there . Once 2021’s hit lots you should be able to do even better …

1 Like

Any other time I’d be inclined to agree to an extent. If you’re being offered 17-18% on a 2020 loaner I’d take it before supply gets shorter (and it will)

I actually have one available around that range. Blue/Blue MSport 530i.

1 Like

Are there any June bmw deals yet?