BMW 330xi - Order now or wait until Jan?

Hey all, probably asking a question that can’t be answered definitively until Jan incentives are released… basically, it’s a “Should I wait?” or “Should I squeeze in an order before New Years?” question.

I’m looking for a ‘24 BMW 330xi M-Sport, loaded up with Premium pkg and more. MSRP ~$57k. I want to stick with the dealer that did my previous leases, but they have nothing even close to what I’m looking for on the lot. Advisor has been pretty vague about their ability to grab a car with my preferred specs from another dealer in the region. He’s now pushing to make a move now, take advantage of the $1000 lease credit and put in an order for a vehicle that would arrive by March (when my current lease expires). Says they only have an allocation for 2 more builds on the 330i, another reason to act now.

I’m not going to qualify for loyalty since my last BMW lease ended in ‘21. I don’t have any other incentives available to me. My reasons for waiting would be: 1) More time for research to be absolutely sure this is the car for me, and 2) Hoping for better incentives in January, and afraid I’ll make a deal then lose out on an even bigger credit.

Assuming the discount off MSRP is the same in both scenarios, is there any way to predict whether lease terms on an order would be any more or less favorable next week? Any other thoughts on how to deal with the end of month/year pressure to move now? All advice/experiences appreciated (even if you’re just here to dump on BMW, ha).

Thanks!

You can place an order now, lock in terms (aside from the 39-month lease), and then see if terms improve before your order arrives.

What discount off MSRP are you being offered?

Unfortunately not.

Not sure I’d make that assumption.

But the bigger problem is you have nothing working in your favor either way. You don’t have a great program to start with. You don’t have loyalty. You have a very high MSRP in a high lease cost environment. You may end up posting the highest 330i payment posted on LH.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.