Signed - Thanks all! BMW 330i Xdrive looking for target price (NY)

, ,

Go west, young man. (To New Jersey).

5 Likes

I guess because I like the car?

Thanks! That came from the local dealers #s listed as a $1,750 rebate - he didn’t break it down

No problem! I would plan on $1,500, not $1,750, and calculate from there. You can confirm on Edmunds too.

Still not a very good reason to overpay. That’s M340i money. Look for a demo 330i or swap into someone’s existing lease if your credit is excellent

1 Like

Spend 50 more a month for this (although you’d have to ship)

Shipping would be at probably around 1600 bucks. If he wants to pay that and can live with a RWD car in NY (doable with proper tires) then shoot for that gorgeous M340.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

I posted this mainly because it was conveniently next up on my suggested topics and it is

Here’s another option that is a bit closer (a nice roadtrip perhaps) that would save you a couple grand

My 2 cents: Current deals suck so you should definitely comb through private transfers here, especially on a highly popular model like the 330, so you can reap the benefits of cars leased during months/years with far more attractive incentives

To be fair, this is the current market. If you want a BMW and can’t find a 2020 loaner, you’re gonna have to pay to play.

2 Likes

For lets say a random not stock but not fully loaded 3 series, do you guys think 13% off MSRP is attainable/reasonable in this market?

Pre-incentive? On a non-loaner? I wouldn’t hold my breath

1 Like

Non loaner, generally I’ve been reading 12% is like the maximum the dealers would go on a new 3 series right? Not including lease credit and college grad or corporate fleet.

Right now, even 12% is going to be rough.

6 Likes

You also have to think about the geographic location of the dealership. Leasing from out of your area for a better discount may not make sense, because then you’d either have to travel or ship. The same goes if you use a broker to get an extra 1% off, because then you’re in the same boat.

The best example of this is leasing in NY vs. NJ. If you find an NY dealership willing to do 10% off, there’s no sense in going to NJ for 11% or even 11.5% off, because you’re going to pay at least $525 more in doc. fees in NJ, which will erode the difference in the discount.

2 Likes

you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take…just saying

1 Like

Wow, this is truly valuable information I also needed to know. I’m in Manhattan and I can pretty much have the car registered either in NJ or NYC because I skip around in both.

But if lease the car NY, but then register the car in NJ, will the doc fee be the fee for NY or NJ?

Fair enough! Just don’t be surprised when you don’t splash a full court shot.

Doc fee is on dealer location.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Overshooting reality also often ends with your offer in the trash rather than with a reasonable counter offer.

3 Likes

Just be careful. Wherever you register the car should be a valid residence of yours, not just somewhere to skip out on NY taxes.

3 Likes

Yes, I occasionally do business in NJ and have a small apartment just for me to rest when I’m too tired to travel back to the city. The savings for me resting and the insurances and taxes are priceless.