BMW 330i xDrive Lease Transfer

New to the site - considering posting my 330i xDrive Sedan for lease transfer and trying to understand if there would be interest in the following:

2017 BMW 300i x-drive Sedan, Mineral Gray Metallic, includes:

• Black Dakota Leather w/Oyster highlight
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Driving Assistance Package
  • Premium Package
  • Navigation

Months: 33 remaining - started the lease in July but decided I really want a bigger vehicle (truck or SUV)
Annual Mileage: 10,000
Current Mileage: 2,834
Remaining Mileage: 27,181 (had 15 miles at purchase)

Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $408.88 (*note - I don’t pay WA State sales tax; when i traded in a financed vehicle there was a sales tax exemption that offset any sales tax. Trying to confirm with BMW Financial if the exemption stays with the car)

Security Deposit Accepted?: None

Would there be interest on the forum if I posted for transfer?

what was the vehicle msrp?
confirm with bmw financial but sounds like a good deal.
you can also browse swapalease.com for similar deals so you know where your lease stands.

From memory, MSRP was about $50,635.

If sales tax didn’t have to be added I think the payment would be one of, in not the, lowest payment posted.

What is your location?

Does BMW allow a lease transfer after 3 months? Seems early.

The only limitation I’ve seen so far is they don’t allow transfers in the last 6 months - haven’t seen anything that says you have to wait a set amount of time before you can transfer a lease.

Decide to try and transfer my lease - info is above.

If you live in WA state and take over the lease the payment will be $408.88 (the sales tax exemption I got stays with the car if the buyer is in WA state).

Here are some photos of the car: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Alc_ccRoFQX_vhBhykH8tjEfyoKJ

My understanding is that BMWFS will assess tax on the monthly payment of the destination state/county. So if the car was to go to San Jose, CA for example, 9.25% tax would be added to the monthly payment. If the car was to go to NY for example where the tax is assessed on the total payments, you will get a separate bill from the state asking for a lump sum tax payment. If it stayed in WA, I would think that it would continue with the same payment. Also, lease transfer is allowed anytime except during last 6 mo of contract from what i remember.
It’s my best guess, this would of course have to be verified with BMWFS.

Also, for anybody interested in getting this lease, be aware that the free maintenance that comes with the car will not transfer to the new leasee.

I think you’re right on - I confirmed with BMWFS that if it’s an in state transfer, the sales tax exemption would remain and the payment would be the same as what I pay. I assume that means If it transfers out of state, then sales taxes would be assessed based on sales/use tax requirements where the vehicle is garaged.

I can vouch for this information…

i.e., if I was to assume a lease and register it here in NY, the DMV here would charge me a sales tax of 8.875% upfront on the sum of remaining payments.

Posted on Swapalease yesterday - pending today. Hope all goes well with the process from here on out.