BMW 330E buy or Jeep 4 X e lease

, ,

The JL wrangler LED headlights are fantastic. I just took delivery of my 4xe in June. On my previous vehicle I had d2s mini 4.0 projectors, hylux 35w ballasts, and morimoto bulbs, it was basically better than any oem headlight at any price (except lasers.)

I saw numerous posts on the wrangler forums raving about their LED headlights and I looked it up and they were 1/3rd the lumen output of my hid’s! I was thinking to myself “yeah yeah these jeep people probably have low standards, I’m probably going to laugh at the headlights when I get my 4xe”

But to my surprise they are very nice. The fog lights automatically come on with low beam and seem to be every bit as bright as the headlights. They did a great job of integrating the headlights and fog lights.

High beams are mediocre.

1 Like

Thanks for this information. Do you feel that this law will take at least till 2023 to take a hold, meaning if a car is ordered say within a month and sold in 3 -4 maybe still be in the list of credits eligible today.

The Mustang Mach E is a good choice that I had not considered, i see now that the order banks for 2023 should open soon, we do need a vehicle in the next 3 - 4 months or sooner but I will check into this. I saw a Rivian in San Diego, looked really nice with the lights but am not sure about the reliability of the vehicle but will look into that also.

All being said if the M3 gets the credit and I dont know when we will find that out maybe not soon, that would have been an easy choice to make.

We got our GCL from Clutch, was very nice to work with, infact the best car buying experience ever since when I went to the dealership to collect my car, I was half expecting some last minute sale change or some pressure sell, there was nothing like that, it was truly about me and the car which is what it should be. There was no anxiety, no incoming panic attack and i got to enjoy and learn about the car.

2 Likes

Supposedly the law goes into effect immediately upon House approval…which could be this Friday.

Some good info in this string, Senate Bill Deal Would Expand EV Tax Credits, But No Help For i4 / iX

Summary notes that 2022 orders delivered in 2023 qualify only if the orders happen before Biden signs it into law. From what I’ve read it looks like the order needs to have VIN indicated which disqualifies most orders. Most states do not allow dealers to enter into a contract without a car.

What’s wrong the with LED headlights on the Wrangler? I find them to be very bright, especially with the fogs engaged.

Excellent on dark back roads etc fyi

1 Like

How young is your youngest?

The Model 3, for example, is spacious inside compared to a similar sized ICEV but it’s still not a car I’d recommend for someone with a child in a RF convertible seat.

More info here…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/electrek.co/2022/08/07/senate-improves-ev-tax-credit-in-largest-climate-bill-ever/amp/

The IIHS rating on them is very poor… which I’m not convinced is representative of their actual performance.

1 Like

2 years, we have 2. so will have to fit 2 car seats(one booster and one car seat back there.

They might’ve scored low, but I think they’re great .

They’re very bright fyi. I’ve even gotten flashed a few times by oncoming traffic since the Wrangler naturally sits high .

They work great for me on dark NJ suburban roads.

Agreed. Especially while in the 392, I’ve been flashed quite a few times.

1 Like

I agree. Their scoring doesn’t reflect the performance that I’ve seen out of them.

Doesn’t really sound like either the 330e or the Wrangler would be your best choices given that.

That is truely nuts they have a poor rating.

That has to be a mistake of some sort.

I was startled by them tonight on my commute. I whipped around a hill from sun to shade and they flipped on themselves as I was closing in on a slower car ahead of me in the fast lane. He freaked too, and slid over for me. I didn’t do it it, I swear!

Did they actually rate the LEDs? Or is it just a Wrangler rating that could very well be base lights?

I’m betting they rated the base halogen lights, not the led. I agree the leds on the 4xe are very good.

1 Like

They have different ratings for the leds and the non leds.

They might have rated the headlights without the fog lights. The fog lights come on automatically with the headlights and are essentially one system with the headlights.

Combined the overall light output is excellent. Even compared to other luxury cars. IE I had a 2021 sierra denali with LED’s as a loaner last month and they were pathetic compared to the wranglers headlights.

Only if the fog lights are turned on.