Black Subaru scratched upon delivery. Do I let the dealer fix it?

Took delivery of a Subaru that looked fine upon quick once over at the dealership. Once I got home (and it had rained), I noticed a ton of fine scratches all over the sides of the car as if they had taken the it through a bad carwash. Called the dealer and returned it right away. Sales guy thought the scratches were just on the clear coat and “buffed” some out himself (told me the other detailing supplies were unavailable…duh it’s 6pm on a Friday, I have no idea why he took it upon himself to buff it), but the scratches are still there and he even pointed out a larger one on the hood (that I didn’t notice) that he claimed was from “wrap and tape” that had been on the car. Sales guy wants me to come back next week to have them detail it again and buff out the scratches, but I feel as if they’ve showed their level of expertise. Should I let them try to fix it or take it somewhere to have it professionally done and they foot the bill? It’s a brand new car with 20 miles on it, 2024 model year.

Yes unless it’s a 22b STI let them fix it.

1 Like

This is why people often take delivery of new cars, and instruct the dealer to not wash them.

A good detail & paint correction should fix your issue(s).

1 Like