Bike rack for Mustang Mach-E

I am looking for a cheap 3-bike rack for my Mach-E. Previously I just bought a cheap Allen rack for $50 from Walmart for my 530e. It seems that won’t fit (like WTH).

Anyways, all the threads on mach-e forum show weird solutions (like professionally installing a hitch?). Any recommendations for bike rack under $100? I don’t need it that often, maybe a few of times a year.

I already tried putting the rear seats down, 1 bike wont fit. Let alone 3 that I want to carry

This is what we did with the prissy Prius.

If this doesn’t work for you, does the vehicle have a roof rack?

no, and I am not sure if something like that will work with my garage. Im just kind of baffled why something as simple as a bike rack has to be so complicated?

You aren’t sure which would work (roof rack or hitch)?

Why would you have bikes on the bike rack while the car is in the garage?

(Maybe I’m missing something)

If you’re looking for which cheap sling fits over the hatch, the Mach-E forums seem like a better place to ask. If you search “bike rack” here there is plenty of discussion that mostly ends with “hitch” or “Thule/Yakima” roof mount setups.

Definitely don’t use a sling on your pristine Mach-E unless you want to touchup paint on both.

We wouldn’t even use one of these on the prissy Prius’ pitiful predecessor, a 1992(?) Saturn SL2.

1 Like

My 1998 SL1 with hail damage will race your SL2 any day (to see who burns more oil, not speed). And yes, the slings are no bueno, even in a lease.

1 Like

Honestly yes. To me, its not worth it since I not a avid out doorsy person and occasionally take the family out on bike rides. I’ll look at roof mounts to see where they land.

Otherwise, $59 Allen it is

Can you help find me one? Im not sure if those work with the glass roof.
Also, I am not sure about the value of spending too much dough when:

1. My 3 bikes cost under $500
  2. Don’t plan to keep the car >6 months
  3. Current solution is $60…

My biggest problem at hand is that my bike has a flat. I need to get that repaired, and I can’t take it to get that fixed. I bike to work 2 days a week, and now would have to drive :frowning:

Mobile bike shop?? I had one assemble my recumbent (I’m “one of those assholes” since back surgery #2) - he was 10x better than any REI I’ve used on either coast.

1 Like