Big BMW Lease Mistake, How to Remedy?

I know and I appreciate it. But to think that I could get the same deal as you, even though I have a year left on a lease, I do not think is realistic.

Agreed - the car you have is often the best vehicle to save money

If you buy the miles now, they’ll let you space it out in your remaining payments up until the 6th month left mark (IIRC). Once you have 6 or fewer left, it’s a lump sum pay.

They redesigned the portal a few months ago, and took out the calc and the ability to see what your new monthly was (along with the ability to purchase miles online + bumping the pre pay rate from 0.18 to 0.23), so they may have changed this policy too.

Lesson learned, we seem to see allot of this on here. I think with all the cars I’ve ever leased I’ve never gone over miles. I always opt for more miles than I need because it’s so cheap up front, cheap insurance. How many miles a month do you need to drive the X3? What’s the wife’s commute? Can she drive the beater?

the OL code is transferrable ?

Only if him and @blitz are sleeping together under the same roof.

This is our 3rd or 4th lease. First one, however, where I didn’t have a pretty nice car to supplement the weekend road trips and stuff, and just forgot to account for that.

Commute is short, but when I say beater I mean beater. I wouldn’t even want her to drive it to work using the highway. If she is strict with herself on weekends, I think we could get by with 8k extra miles.

same here, my lease is up in the fall and i got tons of miles left, never had to worry and can even take it on road trips where i would have otherwise rented a car.

Unfortunately, having only one nice car between us, we will eclipse 15k miles a year, so I think this is our last lease.

What is CCA rebate? Can you get it if you lease your car?

Well if you learn the tricks on here you’ll be able to get 2 cars for not much more than you’re paying now. Go grab a cheap 3 series now and do a 24 mo lease, problem solved and you can ditch the beater. And keep the X3 for the weekends.

Not sure I understand the logic. Keep the X1 for $545 a month, and add on an additional lease for $200+ for another 24 months?

If I really could walk out of the BMW dealer with $0 out of pocket paying $200 a month for something I would consider it, instead of buying her more miles. I just don’t think it is possible.

Exactly, one way or the other you’re going to pay. Maybe you should just set aside $300/mo and just keep driving the X3 then you’ll have most of the miles covered at the end. Whatever you do, don’t roll anything into another lease. There’s plenty of cheap 3 series deals posted right now.

Ours is a platonic relationship

1 Like

Yes google BMW CCA rebate or search forum for more details. Available on lease or purchase of new BMW

1 Like

Or you could pay $5000 towards your current lease now and bring the payoff down to $24K and then trade it in and you won’t have negative equity going into the new one.

It doesn’t work that way, I doubt this thing would be worth the residual, none of the bimmers have lately

And if that is the case we keep it, buy some miles and wipe our hands of it in February 2020.

Don’t keep it, the best thing to do will be to turn it in. You can get the payoff now and get quotes from carvana etc and I can almost guarantee you that you’re upside down, and that will only get worse as you keep driving it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill