Best way to into dealer and make an offer

Lol how’d that go?

8 Likes

Lol thats pretty solid

1 Like

Because if you ask this on an EQS as an example, most reps wouldn’t even take you seriously.

If you know your numbers, why not negotiate on the numbers rather than starting backward? If a dealer is not willing to negotiate on sales price, you know there’s no point in giving them a target monthly payment. Anyway, this topic has been discussed in multiple threads all over the forum, and I would rather not start another discussion on the same topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

Right… And most of the discussion has been, “Just give your monthly and DAS, say you’ll show up immediately if they accept, and make things as easy and simple as possible for the salesperson.”

::shrug::

1 Like

I usually have better luck breaking things down than just giving monthly/das, but whatever your negotiation style is, don’t waste time at the dealer :laughing:

5 Likes

Ahh the infamous 4 square sales guide that /askcarsales salivates over.

3 Likes

Is this advice and/or a sit rep on the 22 GC?

1 Like

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

2 Likes

my 2 cents are:

Figure out what you are looking for; Are you interested more on the car or the deal.
From there its about finding a balance between being the best advocate for your position vs pissing off the person desking said deal.

Or you could simply do as @mattevan said and hope for the best.

The 4 Square disturbs me in so many ways, but mostly the childish initialing at the top - so insulting.

3 Likes

Finally signing one huh?

Haha no. This dealer was insane in their asking price.

Their first offer was $863/mo with $7863 das. My offer was $550/mo with $1200 das.

Needless to say we didnt close.

1 Like

Ouch! They better at least throw in a free Jeep hat for that price, MAYBE a keychain if you’re lucky

Or maybe half a Jeep Wave

2 Likes

They needed to buy me dinner first before trying to do me that dirty

4 Likes

Sounds like you guys were at least $17,000 apart, and while that’s totally normal in the BMW world that’s just looney toons on a Jeep.

Hope they’re enjoying their business as a museum.

2 Likes

This was on a leftover 22 thats been on the lot for 120 days too.

3 Likes

Maybe that was the biggest red flag of all.

3 Likes

Yes, there are many resources available that can provide guidance on how to negotiate with a car dealer and make an offer. Here are some tips that may be helpful:

1. Do your research beforehand: Research the car you are interested in purchasing, including its market value, features, and options. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book, Edmunds, or TrueCar to get an idea of what the car is worth.
  2. Know your budget: Determine what you can afford before you start negotiating. This will help you stay focused on your goals and avoid overspending.
  3. Be prepared to walk away: Remember that you have the power to walk away from the negotiation at any time. If you’re not happy with the terms offered by the dealer, be prepared to walk away and find another dealer who can give you a better deal.
  4. Start with a reasonable offer: Start by making a reasonable offer that is slightly below the market value of the car. This will give you room to negotiate and allow the dealer to make a counteroffer.
  5. Be polite and respectful: Maintain a polite and respectful attitude throughout the negotiation process. This will help build rapport with the dealer and increase the likelihood of a successful negotiation.
  6. Consider financing options: Be open to financing options offered by the dealer, but be sure to read the terms carefully and understand the interest rate, fees, and repayment terms.
  7. Be patient: Negotiations can take time, so be patient and don’t rush the process. Take breaks if needed to avoid becoming frustrated or overwhelmed.

Remember that negotiating with a car dealer can be a complex and intimidating process, but by doing your research and being prepared, you can increase your chances of getting a good deal.

4 Likes