Best way to into dealer and make an offer

Hey Leasehackrs

I am wondering if there are any write ups on best way to go into a dealer to make an offer and how to negotiate the % off?

Just bring the calculator?
Have the MF and RV written down?

What tips do you have to share!

Looking to work on a deal on an in stock BMW with a local dealer.

Thanks

1. Walk into car store.
  2. Slap reception desk (hard, loud).
  3. Shout: “Who wants to sell a car today?”
  4. Profit.
36 Likes

You dont go to the dealer and make an offer there.

(Do as i say, not as I do, as i sit in a showroom making an offer while typing this)

15 Likes

What’s the car this time Matt?

Once you walk into their Spiderweb, they will do EVERTHING to wear you down. After 5 hours you would sign away your first born and not notice it.

Get it all in Email first.

4 Likes

Left over 22 Grand cherokee 4xe

6 Likes

Brief off topic: ooh, which car??? (edit: already answered)

To the OP, I am not very experienced, but I think keeping things initially simple and calling/texting/e-mail, “I’d like to make an offer of $X per month w/ $Y due at signing. If you can do this, I can come today or within the next few days to sign and pick up the car.”

Do your research before you make an offer/bid. You should know this ahead of time.

You should know exactly the deal youre going to offer them before doing anything. Dont ask them what they want you to pay.

2 Likes

I usually try to quantify my availability in hours rather than days. “Next few days” is more nebulous and noncommittal than i want to portray.

3 Likes

Do not mention LH or the calculator or reference anything of that nature.

There was a great thread on this subject last year though I can’t find it at the moment.

11 Likes

Read leasing 101 on this site. Then read some more. Please don’t mention this site or the calculator, certainly don’t bring the calculator into the dealer. The dealership is for test drives and signing the deal that you’ve already agreed to ahead of time (via email or text).

2 Likes

Cool great tips. I did use the calculator to pull a great deal on an Audi sq5 back in 2021 at base mf with no markups and a large % off (I don’t recall)

Was just looking for specific tips on heading in.

How do I even get to have someone reach out by email before going in?

I think you should be able to figure out a lot of this on your own, but go on the dealership web page and it will list the staff. Email the sales manager.

3 Likes

The easiest way is to just go online to the dealer’s website, find the exact car you’re interested in, then make an inquiry through their website. Their internet marketing rep will then reach out typically within the hour so be ready for a few calls and emails.

1 Like

Probably better to not go with the monthly and DAS figures. Probably better to negotiate the sale price, MF, and any extra fees.

2 Likes

Underrated advice.

1 Like

Why not?

Personal negotiating preference but I always start with just payment and DAS (and any incentives you qualify for). No sense getting into the weeds with a sales rep who most likely has no idea about detailed lease terms or MF’s, etc.

Of course I’ve done all my homework beforehand and know exactly what my target payment/DAS is based on given the MSRP/discount/term/MF/incentives/fees/taxes.

“If you can do $750/mo with $1k total DAS including tax I can be there by 5pm tonight to sign”

3 Likes

Or better yet, be a real baller :grinning:

2 Likes

Real Ballers get car free of charge. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: