Best way to find a demo/loaner GX460

What is the best way to find a great deal on a longer or demo?

The 2024 GX is coming out soon, so I would think this is a great time to get a real good deal on the outgoing 2023, especially with a few miles on it. Are their brokers that specialize in loaners, or should I just contact each dealership asking if they have one available?

1 Like

@drdvrgs Got a new one down to 20% off in SoCal, gotta assume you can do just as good in the NE.

Make sure you’re getting a sufficient discount over a brand new one.

Pretty sure that leasing a loaner or demo Lexus almost never makes sense.

1 Like

Wow that’s amazing, so far best I have gotten was 12% off . But with all the other fees and stuff still 800 a month for 65k car. was hoping for low 7s

It doesn’t make any sense to lease one as a three-row SUV. The interior is tiny compared to the others and the MPG is horrible.

Buy one if you plan to hold it for a long time otherwise forget about it. It only makes sense from the “Toyota isn’t making this any more” angle and/or you’re going to mod to actually take it far beyond where a Pilot or similar unibody could go.

1 Like

the GX460 interior is tiny?

Is there a 7-passenger vehicle in the US market that has less interior space?

why does the size of the interior affect the decision whether to lease or buy?

If you want an actual 7-passenger vehicle there are much better value leases out there. For space, for tech, for comfort, for MPG, for modernity, for all the things that today’s unibodies do so well.

The only reason to even remotely consider a 2023 GX vs a unibody that does everything else so well is to push it far beyond where a unibody can go. For that you’ll need to mod it. And for that you’d need to buy it.

I agree with @max_g. Had a 2011 GX460 and as bulletproof as it was it was somewhat narrow. Rear cargo is plenty if the 3rd row is down. I would opt for a preowned LX. MPG was what one can expect out of a thirsty 4.6L V8 with 4x4 engaged at all times. 17 highway and under 10 around NYC.

OP, December was the month to get a GX. If you can wait for March maybe you can snag one before the quarter ends. If you want that new LCD display you can probably find a 2022 GX for under $45k.

3 Likes

For a car of that size and weight, probably? Body on frame SUVs are generally much less space efficient than are unibody cars (and ride worse). Body on frame excels at durability, towing, off-roading.

I do agree w/ @max_g that, if you want one b/c it’s a great off-roader and may appreciate in value as serious off-road capable body on frame cars become even more rare, than great.

But if you want one to use as mainly as an on-road car capable of seating 7 in relative comfort, there are far better options.

1 Like

Any good deals in SoCal? Wouldn’t mind getting into one for cheap