Best SUV for the price?

How else do you think people are getting QX60s so cheap! Yet some folks think the Infiniti CVT is awesome…

Platform is really old, they’ve worked out the kinks long ago. No more r&d to be spent fixing recalls.

Relative to msrp the qx60 is a great deal, but nobody in their right mind would purchase one of these close to msrp. Only reason they move is the insane lease deals. I looked at one 3 years ago and wasn’t interested. Didn’t even bother looking at it again in November when I was in the market for a 3 row suv.

Do QX50’s lease well (for February)?

Just out of curiosity…what did you end up with?

Currently in a 16’ X5, but want to lower my budget so looking at MDX and the infamous QX60

Q7. Chose it over an xc90. The all touch screen Volvo interface was a turn off, and the Audi v6 blows away the Volvo 4 cyl engine. Volvo exterior styling kills the Q7 imo, but I just felt the Audi better suited my needs.

Liked the mdx, but felt it was the smallest in the segment and the Acura infotainment isn’t much better than Infiniti.

I’m REALLY interested in how the massive influx of QX60’s in the NYC Uber/For Hire Vehicle fleet is going to play out. I really hope that all these guys are covered under warranty doing that kind of work with a CVT. Same goes for the CR-V’s I’m seeing with taxi plates.

1 Like

Yeah… and managed to cost cut at every point along the way. Most people lease these things without knowing the future costs. Brakes and one set of new tires is nearly guaranteed. My cousin needed a brake job and 4 new tires at 20k miles.

Mind you he doesn’t have the bottom of the barrel QX60 either… which is why he was so pissed. He has the 61k fully loaded one.

This isn’t meant one way or another politically, but our current President in his previous life proved through various successful (and unsuccessful) business ventures that people don’t care about something “Being” luxurious, they care about things that “appear to be” luxurious. I think you could argue that Cadillac isn’t “luxury” anymore either.

Very true. Benz (except the s class), Bmw , Lexus (except LS), Cadillac, Acura, Jaguar, and Infiniti are not luxury.

I think Volvo (not the xc40), Audi, Porsche, Land Rover (not the discovery or evoque, rest are), and Lincoln (just navigator/continental/aviator) are luxury.

Nearly 3/4 of my customers only care about brand and appearance. I would take a CX9 over a QX60 any day, considering they are about the same price. Most of my customers wouldn’t make the same decision.

2 Likes

If Mazda could figure out the marketing/perception end of things a lot of these luxury and “luxury” brands would be soiling themselves in fear. They produce a hell of a vehicle in terms of quality, materials and driving dynamics for the price. I’m curious if they would be better off creating an upmarket spin off badge to go after that segment. I’d say just call it Skyactiv, but I’m not sure that it has enough of a ring to it.

I would think about a Mazda but the engines are dog slow and the new turbo gets into Lexus and BMW $.

Also to add to my point. I would drive a fully loaded mini cooper countryman over a base bmw 320i
ANY DAY.

I know they don’t lease the same, but their msrps are very similar

1 Like

Not as fast as BMW, I’ll give you that. But easily as quick as Lexus.

The RX350L accelerates to 60 in 7.3 seconds

Go test drive the CX5 with the turbo. Slow it ain’t! A $40k BMW won’t have near the features. The signature has almost everything, albeit some cheese here and there, like the reverse cam.

You guys are making me go test drive a CX-9.

I’m assuming everyone would go CX-9 over a MDX?

“Slow” is a relative term too, the vast majority of people don’t need any more than to be able to merge safely from a highway off ramp. And regardless of what’s under the hood a vast majority of them will still do it slowly and poorly.

2 Likes

Depends. I think the Acura May have a more spacious feel. It for features and feeling, yeah, CX9

Unless you score a screaming deal on the MDX. MDX technology sucks goat balls.

Never said it was slow. It’s 6.4 vs the NX 6.9 in 0-60. My point is that you have to pay $38k for a Mazda CX-5. For 10% more you can get a fairly loaded NX (which also leases better). If Mazda was to put this engine in their other trims it would help a lot but they never asked me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And the mazda is built better than the Lexus any day of the week. Better materials, less hard plastics. That’s my point… people care more about the badge than the car

2 Likes

Come on…