Best sporty car lease for <$250? Fire away!

Looking for suggestions!

I am looking for a sedan, coupe or hatchback that has 0-60 faster than 6.5 seconds. Looks good and leases for less than $250 a month. I’d prefer a luxury brand, but if not, I think I’d want to get payment below $200.

Currently am looking at a Hyundai Elantra Sport w/ premium package for ~190-200.

Thank you!

Volvo S60 20 char…

What is 20 char? I have looked at Volvo and even have a discount through work, but that price just seemed impossible. Any links you suggest?

20 char means he was typing extra characters since all posts on here have a 20 character minimum.

That being said, 20% off MSRP seems doable with those cars. Look here.

ah okay, that would work if I can get a model below $250 with tax, title, etc and 0 down…

Even with a MSRP of 38k and a drive off of 29-30k. Residual is at 50% for these cars. The payment doesn’t even come under $300. Seems like a no go for me.

Keep your eye on the Genesis G80 over the next couple months and you might be able to get a base model under $300.

Elantra sport is a good start. You can price out the following:

Honda Civic hatch (even the base LX meets the 6.5 second requirement, the Sport is a few tenths faster)
Fiesta ST
Sentra SR Turbo

Genesis g80 is too big in my opinion, would love a G70 :slight_smile: but don’t think that will be out for a year perhaps…

thanks max!

Yeah, i considered all of those. Sentra SR has worse reviews, Civic hatch has a few issues and discounts are way harder to come by, and I feel the Fiesta ST looks like someone’s old time roller skate with a meh interior.

Elantra sport is where I am focused on right now (not sure if I am going to do DCT or manual though)

id say get the cheapest turbo car you can get and then boost the psi until the engine blows up for some real fun(don’t actually blow up the engine)

I’ve become enamored with the Elantra Sport 6MT in the past few weeks, I think it is the best bang for buck sporty mid size car on the market. I’m really considering one once my Genesis lease is up.

Although I love my Genesis, it is a bit bloated and not sporty by any means. The Golf sport or Jetta sport also lease good, but not as well equipped as the Elantra Sport. The new Civic is sharp, but if you want 6MT it’s a stripper model, but the Touring in CVT balloons up to $29k. A bit much for a Civic.

Agreed, if you can get 10% off msrp and then use uber, boostup etc. Should be able to sign and drive for less than $200. Even with the premium package.

I like the manual, but am seriously considering the DCT. Better fuel economy and faster 0-60 mph times are very tempting. Plus i like the little button to change from normal to “sport” lol

Yes, another reason I like the Elantra. Am hearing from tuners that this engine is tuned very low from factory and 100hp/ lb per ft would not be unreasonable to get. Even with minimal mods (and being a lease we want to avoid that).

50% more power sounds good on paper…until torque steer.

That’s what they always say. Because that’s what you want to hear. But they accept no real liability and you are the one holding the bag if something goes wrong. Aside from the tuners who have been around for 20-30 years, the rest are a bunch of newbs who have frankly no idea what the limits of the motor are and what kind of stresses it can handle.

I say this having come from the Audi scene earlier in life where a milder tune (+25%) on a larger engine (2.7L V6) was seen to cause problems.

Good to know. I will be waiting at least 6 months after a tune comes out to even consider it.