Best sports sedan under $600/mo

Looking for something fun for under 600/mo with a reasonable DAS. Currently checking out a WRX Limited. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Alfa Romeo Giulia currently

3 Likes

Oh wow seriously? They used to be terrible right?

g70s are reasonable.

1 Like

A broker here has the WRX for $500
The Giulia is a little more at $550.
And Aronchi has a G70 for you at just above 600.

1 Like

Do you mean pricing, reliability, build quality?

+1 for Alfa

1 Like

Just buy an older STI, it’s like putting money in the bank.

We have some great alfa Giulia veloce deals under 600

4 Likes

DM’d you. Couldn’t find anything on your Google sheet.

Do you want a manual or auto? If manual, WRX and maybe Integra are good choices.

If auto, they aren’t as much. And maybe G70 or one of the other options makes more sense.

I had Giulia and I can tell you, to me , it was like that wild gf that I traded for a stable wife. I still regret that decision. I loved the drive on that car. Could go around any corner at any speeds, no problem. Extremely sharp steering. Plus, its a luxury brand, the NVH isolation was superb. Barely heard any road or tire noise. Engine smooth as butter.
Downside, seats could be more comfortable. And trunk needs to be larger.

Compared to Subarus, which I found loud and obnoxious, I dont think its a fair comparison.

1 Like

Shallow and needy?

1 Like

Needy for sure, but definitely not as shallow and has substance. Best sport sedan in its segment.

And arguably the best-looking Pontiac ever made. :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t understand the reference. Giulia has no chassis or power train related to a Pontiac product and I don’t think Giulia looks anything like any Pontiac?

If there was a current-generation Grand Am, they’d be design twins.

1 Like

They look nothing a like to me. To each their own.

1 Like

I’ve owned a few Pontiacs (including the latest Grand Am GT), and I would agree that the Giulia doesn’t look terribly similar. However, I could see where one would receive a slight hint of similar design elements.

I will say that Alfa Romeo is a driver’s vehicle if anything. I don’t have a ton of experience with the brand, but I have driven a Stelvio. That thing handles better than many cars.

It’s all front-end and mostly in the headlight zone, but what a strange time and place to start taking me so seriously. :clown_face: