Best Short-Term Car/Truck/SUV Purchase

Would you keep it if it was an Extended Range (and $8K more)?

1 Like

Not on the ioniq I think.

1 Like

These are consistently auctioning at low 70k’s right now. I wouldnt’ expect higher than MSRP on resale. if you get someone offering you MSRP, I’d take it.

1 Like

Lariat Extended Range is $16k more than mine after Ford’s price hike. And that puts it above the MSRP cap which disqualifies it for $7500 EV credit.

So that rules out a new one. I haven’t ruled out used but there’s not many out there

1 Like

Going through this same situation right now and the 19-20 Raptor suggestion is actually very intriguing.

It may be worthwhile to try and get something to take advantage of the Federal tax credit if you qualify. The $7,500 may help offset the potential for a loss if things hit the fan. On a $50k purchase you’re covering 15% downside with the credit alone.

2 Likes

Ended up trading it back to the dealer I bought it from for a ‘23 Bronco Wildtrak.

Paid a markup, which took a chunk out of my profits, but that Lightning stressed me out. I’m just glad to be rid of it.

160 mile range in cold weather is a JOKE

2 Likes

I’m hoping people start dumping their XLT Lightnings… but I doubt it… Pros are still go higher than their MSRP.

1 Like