Best place to sell a Hyundai Accent to in SoCal?

I bought a brand new Hyundai Accent in TX and drove it out to SoCal, but unfortunately I am having to move back to TX and don’t want to drive back, so I’m looking for the best place in SoCal to sell it. I purchased it (so not a lease) so any tips/ideas/locations would be great. Thanks!

2 Likes

thank you, @max_g

@J_H2 If you are interested in seller finance (you become the bank). I may be interested in purchasing for my daughter who is getting her license this week. We can discuss price and terms. Does it have Bluetooth and a back up camera?

That is probably one of the worst choices he could pick.

Giving your car to a stranger for some possible payments? I’d rather turn it in for equity.

3 Likes

Sorry but folks in this site won’t let him make such a bad decision…

Thanks for your reply. I agree seller finance is not for everyone. I am looking for ways to make it a win-win for both buyer and seller. I could offer more than what he would get at Carmax or dealerships. Why have the banks or others servicers charge unnecessary fees if buyer and seller can work it out together? I have a credit score of over 780 and financials to prove I can buy the car cash. Obviously, don’t seller finance to just anyone… That would not be smart. I would use a down payment that the seller is comfortable with (my collateral) and promise to make payments with a lien on the car. If the seller needs the equity right now then this is not a good choice for him but if he needs it sold quickly for the highest price and can wait on payments then I might be his buyer. Curious about your thoughts on this.

Right now selling a Used Car to Carmax will net the Seller Lots of $$$.

What you are proposing is asking the seller to become an unlicensed Buy Here Pay Here and the seller probably has no way to enforce nonpayment or has experience in repossession.

Hence this is why your ‘idea’ is really bad. You are saying ‘instead of taking the cash and running with it’ here’s some payments that I may or may not make in the future and there’s no guarantee I will take care of your property, and you really have no way to get back at me easily or even FIND the car in the future.

It’s just plain bad.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. What would be the best way to purchase/lease a car for my daughter in today’s market? Carmax?

She has no car loan history? Prepare to need to cosign for her.

First time driver? I recommend a 10k car

You got lots of cash? Lease her a Corolla from Cody Carter for about $400/month.

No, not carmax.

What’s your budget?

Starter car for a teen. So less than 25k price range.

Brand new Corolla, Impreza/Crosstrek, Mazda3, Forte, etc.

1 Like

a moment of silence for the US hyundai accent and veloster n

:joy: Why? I like Hyundai too

Hyundai shuffles 2023 lineup, discontinues Accent, Veloster N, Ioniq (thecarconnection.com)

1 Like

Impreza has less demand, so it would be easier to get a deal. Look up Jay at Sherman Oaks Subaru, I was leasing Impreza Limited for $250/mo. with $0 DAS but that was 3 years ago :rofl:

1 Like

Would you recommend leasing or financing in this market? Won’t be putting a lot of miles on the car but also don’t want to stress if we get close.

I would recommend financing a brand new vehicle among the ones we’ve been discussing

1 Like

With the exception of the Nissan Frontier, finance.