Best lease in NYC 3 row SUV under $500/month all in

This question has been coming a lot in various other threads and I think your best bet in this price range factoring in functionality, quality, safety, cargo and price would either be something like the Odyssey or Sienna but I believe the Odyssey has more cargo space.

1 Like

Would hybrid Highlander fall within your budget in NYC, what does the brokers/dealers offer in NYC area? Hybrid would be very helpful in NYC I assume, that alone probably saves you $30+/mo versus the CX-9. Captain chairs are standard on them as well.

Also Toyota tends to have equity by the end of lease even in a normal market, your effective payment is probably lower than what’s on paper.

PS I just rented a CX-9, can’t get my seating position right whatsoever… My legs were numbing all trip long. I have regular length arms but can’t get steering wheels extended out enough. Definitely test drive them, very weird to me. It does handle extremely well for the size. Was in Utah’s canyons this thing is actually somewhat fun to drive, but on regular gas it’s very underpowered, the 6-speed has been the bottle neck for Mazda for years as well.

1 Like

It’s about as useless of a 3rd row as a cx9 though

1 Like

Realistically only a 4 year old will be back there so need it to last until she’s 7.
We really don’t want a minivan and they seem to be leasing quite poorly right now( along with most other cars)
Highlander was an option but extra space doesn’t seem that much greater than Mazda, but the extra seat may make the difference.

Minivans have gotten pretty techy and functionality is amazing. I think the odyssey leases pretty well especially if you have loyalty. You just have to get over the soccer mom thought but then again you have 3 kids so you are closer to having a full team than most :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 kids under 5… A minivan is the only answer

5 Likes

And don’t lease it, buy it and get a warranty and drive it into the ground.

4 Likes

Anecdotal evidence but I have 3 kids, an X7 (which actually has a decent 3rd row) and Sienna - guess which is accruing miles much more quickly?

4 Likes

Folks are still in denial after all these years, but the SUV is way more soccer mom vibe. IMHO, minivan says “intelligence” and behemoth SUV says “insecurity.”

2 Likes

What car do you recommend? I knew once Mazda CX9 was mentioned I would be seeing you here :slight_smile:

Odyssey EXL could probably be leased for that amount. I don’t think they have a loyalty offer this month but you can confirm in the Edmunds forum.

Kids only get bigger and accumulate more stuff. I never regretted parting with the Explorer for the first Odyssey in 2016. Unless you are going to a Suburban or Expedition that third row is pretty useless.

1 Like

If it had to be a 3 row suv at that price point, probably a pilot

1 Like

So I have the CX9 Grand Touring and for me, 1 kid, 2 adults it totally works, the engine doesnt lack for a 3row suv imo and the back seatvis fine for kids under 7, especially if you get 2row captains chairs. Just my opinion after 2000miles driven.

1 Like

I can do the Highlmader Xle (leather/sunroof $44k msrp) for around $470 tax tags fees inc for NY. Have a 3rd row 4Runner sr5 for around 425 also.

2 Likes

Pilot doesn’t have captains seats until the touring and then over the $500/month mark.

Thanks for letting me know about the XLE. The highlander is more expensive at that point and I don’t see the value for us above the CX-9. If the highlander were still hovering in the $400 range then maybe that would sway us.

If you are set on leasing, we just did this:

Once you add third row, you either have to make sacrifices or bump your budget. Two rows (or useless third), lots of great suggestions

I got my Highlander from Jim & can’t complain. Smooth, easy & hassle free experience

We are set on leasing so this is all helpful.
Definitely would have loved to work with Jim back in April. Seems like waiting until June wont be any better for us.

1 Like

In NYC the only rational choice is a hybrid otherwise you’ll be crying every time at the pump.

That leaves you to choose between only the Highlander and the Kia Sorento AFAIK.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.