Best lease deals on 6 passenger SUVs? (Something in the same class as a Ford Explorer)

I’m trying to help my parents out and find them a good lease deal on a SUV that will sit at least 6 people. They are in a Ford Explorer now and I just want to make sure that they look at all of their options.

Thanks for the help!

Try the Kia Sorento. I got a LX V6 for $260/mo + drive offs.

1 Like

It’s a little bigger but I love the Infiniti qx60 I got from the blog post. My dealer In riverside said he could basically still do the same deal as they extended the lease promotion. I’m at $280 a month pretax with 0 down and 5 security deposits to buy down money factor. 39 months 12 k a yr

2 Likes

I thought this was a compact SUV? I thought that the Infiniti Qx80 was the next size up.

Qx60 is a seven seater. The 50 is what I’d consider a regular sub and the 80 is a monster

Hey @loveleasehackr Is the mentioned Riverside dealer in SoCal? What was your MSRP, net cap cost, MF after 5 MSDs? Also what is the residual value for 36 months instead of 39. I’m looking to get into an SUV and your deal looks great. Thanks.

Had it not been for this website, I’d have known nothing about MSDs, and how low the sales price could’ve gone. I would’ve assumed 10% off, but the knowledge provided here gave me the confidence and know how to chase the deal properly.

I will admit that 4 of the dealers I contacted flat out called me crazy and accused me of basically making up numbers. Another 2 were in the ballpark, but either didn’t have the base or I didn’t like the color. It was interesting that one couldn’t lower the monthly (MSRP not coming down enough basically), but instead offered to pay the drive off (first month and registration for a total of roughly $800. This would’ve worked out to close to @cpak 's deal in a round about way.

I ended up doing the deal in Southern California (riverside)with a dealership far from my house. I gave the internet manager (Harry) a copy of the blog post and he said he would match it. Having had the previous experiences, my guard was up as no other dealer had been so agreeable and I was expecting a bait and switch, As we were finalizing the deal, he brought up the VPP program, basically a discount program for partners and companies affiliated with Nissan/Infiniti. As a result of my employer, he took an additional $1,000 off of MSRP which turned this deal from good deal to steal. That dropped the payment including tax to $306. Seeing that, I had him raise the mileage to 12K/year as you will see in the deal below. Assuming the math is correct, I’m basically prepaying the additional 6500 miles (over 39 months) at 13 cents a mile. After we had a deal, he told me a few more tips.

He had some sort of $500 bonus certificates that they use as dealer closing tools. Unfortunately, he had already used the 3 he had, so they were supposedly -$500 on the deal. However, they are doing the deal for the unit to qualify for a bonus which will apply to their previous sales so it still works out for him.
He said that Infiniti typically has a program where they will pay off the last two payments of the lease if you go into another Inifiniti. Therefore, as I was paying Month 1 at purchase and have 38 payments remaining, he suggested to contact him after month 36, when I’d have 2 payments remaining to see what kind of deal I can get then.
I paid my drive off using a credit card to receive air miles.
I saw one dealership had 2 years of free maintenance and tried to get it thrown in, but didn’t succeed on this.
Rep said disposition fee can be waived if I go into another Infiniti at end of lease.
Not having leased before, I was very skeptical of this deal, but was tempted by the low payment, high MSRP (it’s a luxury car), and lack of a down payment. Hearing dealers call me crazy didn’t help. However, knowing that @cpak had gotten it done, I felt I just needed to keep calling and emailing until I got the deal done. My results are below. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Make: 2015 Infiniti Qx60 Fwd
MSRP: $43395
Sales Price: $34875 (20% off MSRP)
Taxed Incentives: $0
Untaxed Incentives: $0
Acquisition Fee: $700
Down Payment: $0
Gross Capitalized Cost: $35655
Residual: 57%
(12,000 miles/yr)
Money Factor: .00005
APR: .12%
Months: 39
Monthly Payment ex Tax: $292.77
Document Fee: 80
Registration and doc fee: $473.57
Sales Tax: 9%
Monthly Payment (Incl Tax): $319.12

Drive Off: $2,492.69
(First month’s Payment incl. tax: $319.12
Down payment: $0
Registration and doc fee: $473.57
5 MSDs: 1750
Total Lease Cost: $13,264.25 including $395 disposition fee

P.S. The base model is NICE! It even has a power liftgate, heat seat warmers, and a moon roof. I took an extended 200 mile victory lap tonight and love it. I can’t tell you how thankful I am for this website

UPDATE: base models are getting hard to come by. You can check easily using the dealers’ websites.

2 Likes

Looking for qx60 lease deal in los angeles area.

So impressive your experience work.

What is 5 MSDs(Security Deposit)? Also, Can I contact to harry who riverside infiniti sales person?

I’d like make a deal in this weekend. I contacted glendale, metro, cerritos dealers.

But they always playing to my question. I’m almost tired.

Please share in your great experience.

You can email(gotcj7@yahoo.com) to me.

Thank you for your time.

So msd (security deposit) varies from down payment in that you actually get the money back at the end of the lease. You do this to buy down the money factor/interest rate.

I put down 5 deposits of $350 each so a total of $1750 that I will get back in 39 months when I return the car. Look at the riverside website to see how close you can get to my starting Msrp. I believe they only have some with more expensive options left. As of two weeks ago when I last spoke to him, he could still do a deal pretty close to mine as I had friends that wanted to get one after hearing about my experience.

You can tell him you want Jason from Las Vegas’s deal. He should remember me as he was even kind enough to pick me up from the airport when I came in to pick up the car. As a side note, the Vegas dealer couldn’t get within $2k on the total cost of the lease hence my traveling to ca.

I will admit I was very worried about being baited and switched because I was coming from out of state, but Harry was great. He let me review the paperwork before I got there. When I arrived, the numbers matched and I was out of there quickly. Harry is a straight up guy who deals in volume.

1 Like

Jason,

By any chance you have Harry’s work email? Thank you for your information.

Harry Toprakjian
Internet Sales and Leasing manager
INFINITI OF RIVERSIDE
3040 Adams Street
Riverside, California 92504
Cell: 951-907-0304
Office 951-3735212
htoprakjian@infinitiofriverside.com

1 Like

Thank you! I just sent him an email. Crossing my fingers :slightly_smiling:

This is what I got from Harry today…what do you think? Is a little more than what I wanted to pay per month. Looking at 12,000 mile option.

This is yours, the discounts are exactly the same other then $1,000 because of the VPP his discount was $8520 off MSRP you are at $7520 off MSRP, and the residual is 56%

Make: 2015 Infiniti Qx60 Fed
MSRP: $46090.00
Sales Price: $38571 (17% off MSRP)…No VPP
Taxed Incentive: $0
Untaxed Incentive $0
Acquisition Fee $700
Down Payment $0
Gross Capitalized Cost: $39,271
Residual: 56% for 10K & 55% for 12K
Money Factor: .00005
APR" .12%
Months 39
Monthly Payment ex Tax $350.41 10K & $362.24 12K
Document fee: $80
Registration and doc fee: $381.98
Sales tax 9%
First pay and tax’ $381.98
Total drive offs: $771.73
5 Deposits at $400 =$2000
TOTAL DUE AT SIGNING $2771.73

Add: When I punch in Harry’s number into the leasing calculator, it gives me a different number: Monthly payment including tax is $357, Drive off $2,827, 5 MSD, 12,000 miles, 39 months, residual of 55%, net capitalized cost of $39,271. What I am doing wrong? TIA

1. Because your payment is higher, the MSDs get bumped up another $50 so more out of pocket unfortunately
  2. Your discount off MSRP looks good. Your payment looks to be higher mostly because of the almost $4k additional in purchase price. Our payments are roughly $60/month apart so something else is off. Hopefully Michael can chime in. I’m assuming the interest rate must’ve changed then.
  3. I plugged in your numbers and got a payment of almost $390 a month.

I was not able to get the VPP pricing. The higher MSD is ok since I will be getting it back. I wish the total price including tax was closer to your pricing. I have contacted a few others that have lower priced units, but none is willing to match the similar offer.

I also wonder what Michael thinks of the offer I got. The final price for 12k miles, MSRP of $46,090, LEV 55%, Cap Cost $38,571 (adj $39,351, 39 months, MSD $2,000, Lic $352, Title $37.75, Acq Fee $780 = Total drive off $2,784.59…Monthly payment with Cali Tax $394.84.

Jason,

I leased from harry.

Almost similar your number.

I have to say thank you for your shared information.

I was happy and exciting during the researching to the deal.

Thank you.

Glad it worked out for you! I love my car!

Thank you Michael and Jason for sharing your knowledge and deal. I picked up the QX60 from Harry this evening. Same figure that I posted above except for a few dollars. $398 tax included on a higher end model…base model is out of stock. Harry was great to deal with. Got my loan approved online before going to the dealer. By the time I got to the dealer, all I did was test drive and finish the paperwork. In and out in less than 1 hour. No up sell, additional service, etc. Out of all my years of buying and leasing cars, this is the easiest and best deal. Now, need to figure out how what kind of GPS to get for the car…

1 Like

did you email him and then he gave you something to submit your loan approval online?

Yes. He emailed me a link for the application. Filled it out and was told I was approved shortly thereafter. It saves you a lot of time and headache at the dealership.