Best Lease Deals In The 30-35k Range?

My daughter is looking to lease a car in the $30-35K range. She really liked Audi A3, but these historically don’t lease well, so I hear. Any suggestions to something similar in that range that may have some great offers going on. Looking at a 36m/30k, possibly a 24m/20k. So-Cal.
Thanks for any suggestions

There isnt a direct mapping between msrp and lease payment. Some $60k cars cost less to lease than some $30k cars.

What are you actually looking for? Have you looked through the shared deals section to see what people have been getting lately?

5 Likes

Yes, had a look through them. Looking to be at $350mo, incl. tax, or thereabouts, with a zero DAS. Mostly looking at entry level luxury sedans. Looked at Acura ILX A-Spec, Kia Stinger GT-Line, Audi A3.

You might be able to find a loaner s60

1 Like

How much effort are you willing to put in?

This is not happening without a good deal of work, if if happens at all.

1 Like

Ilx isn’t an entry level luxury car, it’s a two generation old honda civic in drag.

These are all poor choices that seem to be selected based on msrp. If you’re looking at leasing, forget about msrp.

2 Likes

Putting in lots of effort. Good understanding dealer price breakdowns and the Leasehackr calculator. Been going around the numbers with several dealers. Just wondering if there’s something special out there I have missed.

Ain’t happening on this car.

Do not talk to dealers until you have the numbers on the vehicle you’re interested in worked out. Conversations with dealers are for finding someone to do your deal, not for determining what a vehicle should lease for. Talking to them before you have that worked out does nothing but set yourself up on a shaky foundation and put the ball in their court.

3 Likes

what have you found in the Shared Deals and Marketplace sections?

Nothing really there recently that applies to the car range she’s interested in. Not in a major hurry to get something done, but will jump on something if it looks right. Just doing my DD, and looking for suggestions. Been scouring marketplace too. Thanks for all your help so far.

1 Like

You’re best bet is a loaner S60 or a some base loaner 3 series for the luxury compact sedans. Could take some work but a broker could get you there.

Yes, great suggestions. Thank you!

There’s 2019/2020 BMW 330i’s in the private transfers section that shouldn’t be too far away from this criteria.

For example:

1 Like

Agreed with @mllcb42, base S60 is your best bet. Reach out to @Benedetto to get one shipped or @AutoNinjas might have some local socal deals.

S60 would be my choice. Can be had for about $300 with MSDs with the current deals offered on this site. Seems like a no brainer to me.

The comments of these threads are littered with how many seemingly qualified applications are turned down for transfers by BMWFS.

OP, do your daughter a favor and skip the barebones “luxury” car which is an oxymoron. Get the modern safety and convenience features of a well-equipped CamcornataK5ettta

@eastender

4 Likes

@eastender - I would strongly recommend that your daughter test drive other cars that are within your $350/month budget. Once she is set on a vehicle, you can always come back and post a deal for review.

You can’t expect internet strangers to tell you or your daughter what car to drive.

2 Likes

Also depending on your overall budget you should consider insurance costs on a leased vehicle for a young driver. This alone could break the bank! Something used that isn’t financed is sooooo much cheaper overall.

If a lease is still your goal, a mid-range VW Passat or Arteon leases well when there are incentives. Check dealer “rubbergash” on this site for deals in SoCal. Good luck!

1 Like

he has a major point, my first car 4 years ago was a leased lexus is. i was 16 at the time and my insurance was ~350. idk how old ur daughter is and generally it’s said that girls have cheaper insurances than guys, but that’s something you’d want to keep in mind