Best Largish SUV $500-$600 per month?

Hi guys,

Not new to leasing and I somewhat know what Im doing, but I wanted to get any opinions because maybe I am missing something. Basically, for our family we need something in the Pilot, 4Runner, Q7, Qx60, XC90…etc, cargo and size. For basic cargo room dimensions, I think a cargo capacity of about 40 sqft will fit everything. Don’t want to go up to Suburban size. Need 10k miles or less per year (7500 would probably work). We have twin babies and a dog. So need to fit 2 car seats so Im not pinned against the steering wheel( Im about 6’0"), and room for a double stroller and the dog (Boxer, medium sized) in the cargo area. We are in SoCal

Stuff Ive looked into:
GMC acadia…looking better and better but SoCal dealers are not being very flexible with negotiating
QX60, missed time this one, same as above, think better dealers were had 2 or 3 months ago. Wife wants all the bells and whistles, so we are pushing 60k msrp on this one.
Q7- a bit expensive to lease, but I can get about 6% off MSRP, just depends if I want to bite the MF bullet with AFS. Would like Primium plus with bigger motor.
XC90 - want a T6, so similar to Q7, little expensive since residuals aren’t great
4runner - not a terrible option, would probably just buy it, since leasing doesn’t seem that beneficial
Tacoma - wanted this to work, problem is the car seats, Im totally pinned forward in the drivers seat.

Also consider a Highlander XLE

nowhere near big enough in the cargo area

You could get a lower trimmed Tahoe or expedition for that price, more room for everyone and a foot and a half shorter than Suburban. Dog could fit in middle of second row between car seats.

Also, would a lower profile car seat make the smaller SUV option work? There are really good deals on Silverado this month, should be plenty of room for every car seat in that size.

The Highlander has the EXACT same cargo capacity as the Acadia with the third row folded (42), so I wouldn’t dismiss it with such brassness

1 Like

Acadia Limited? Chevy Traverse?

Sorry you’re right. I’ll take a look. Last time I looked Which was awhile ago. Not everything fit. Maybe I need to rethink the size I need

I’ll take a look at Silverado. Thanks.

Would a pickup really work? The first time it rains and your stroller gets wet…

Pilot and 4_Runner are probably better buys. High resale value but not necessarily great to lease.

2018 Chevy Traverse,high country-all new model and has the room you are looking for as well as all the latest features plus in top of line model fits your price range. It is coming out in august.

Or find a lease on the 2017 model for half that…

2 Likes

Do you guys want all the bells & whistles period or just if it’s the QX60?

Tonneau cover for truck?

And the dog?..

1 Like

14 Likes

At this point OP only has 2 kids and a dog, plenty of room in second row of full size pickup for all that. Or get front bench seat and dog rides up front.

I would get a camper shell if we went the truck route. My wife will primarily be driving the car, I wanted to stay away from the full size trucks, but maybe it makes more sense. She recently had to drive a Dodge Ram for a week or so for work, it was a little big for her but she managed.

Pretty much all the bells and whistles…when I build it out and checked inventory, the MSRP came out to around 58k

The audi is way over budget.
3 rows will work best for you. Plenty of room for two kids, a dog, and a stroller. You could even add a kid or two in the back.
No one mentioned the Mazda CX-9. Kia and Hyundai also make one. It is impossible for us to know your taste though.
Your best deal might be under $500. Would you consider that?
Someone mentioned highlander. There are a few of these that the upper trims replace the bench seat with captain chairs. Which of those would you prefer?

Agreed!
The CX-9 is an amazing choice.
I test drove it twice and if I needed a three row I would have bought it right then.
If only they put that engine in the CX-5!

The third row is ok in a pinch, its definitely not for adults though.
But everything about it is great, fit and finish, style, comfort, performance, steering, etc…

I agree its worth a look.
If you really want the premium feel look at a signature edition.