Best June lease deal / incentives for car under 25K?

thank you for taking care of that

No prob.

Now to the question at hand… you best option is to spend some time reading through the share deals section to see what people are getting for cheap.

MSRP is not a good way to filter what could fit in your monthly payment budget

Look at broker threads in the Marketplace section of the forum.

Like @NurseAl and the Hyundai Elantra for instance

2 Likes

I have read several expert hackers on these boards suggest that HR-V is not a good lease. I am trying to figure out why. I was looking at the LX for 36/12 and the residual is 63% and MF is halfway decent at .00090. The June program also has 500 in lease cash and a conquest cash of 750. Are these vehicles just not discounted by very much off Msrp? As long as I can get a 9% or more discount from msrp this will put the monthly at sub 200 with 0 out of pocket other than first month. If someone could share some insight on why these leases are considered bad I would appreciate it.

They lease fairly well. One thing to keep in mind is that they barely have any profit in them

If you are in Socal I can give you a quote

Agree with @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto the invoice to MSRP is hundreds, not thousands. If you want a worse quote than what Jeff sends I can’t because I don’t pay leasehackr money every month.

5 Likes

Thanks Jeff. I am in Ohio. When you say they barely have any profit in them - what does that mean exactly for me as a consumer ? Isnt that a good thing for there to be little dealer profit ? The tighter the margin the better deal I am getting right ?

Is 10%-15% off on the base LX doable or unrealistic?

Less profit means that they have less room to discount off MSRP

I dont know the market in Ohio but unless they are extremely desperate I dont see them doing 12-15% off (not including conquest)

1 Like

What ?! No!! its the exact opposite. Say a car is 10% margin, you can maybe negotiate 8% discount and leave 2% for the dealer. But if car is 5% margin, you would probably get 3% discount. Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

@max_g don’t you have a FT job?

1 Like

I think the lease terms on these have improved in the past few months. They used to be unreasonably expensive, even with an aggressive discount, to lease.

1 Like

Thanks guys - makes perfect sense. Profit margin from MSRP and not overall cost. It definitely sounds like it’s better to aim for another vehicle that is marked up a little more.

IDK why you’re trying to reinvent the wheel of how to find which car leases well. It doesn’t have much to do with markup.

And Shared Deals.

Thanks again for the insight. It’s much appreciated. I know markets are different in Cali and different parts of the country but in your best guess is 12-15% off possible on a Civic EX or Corolla SE ? Probably going after one of these two instead after what you guys shared bait HRV. I wanted to figure out which one I could get more off Msrp before incentives.

I disagree Max. The discount from MSRP is one of the most important factors to see how well a car will lease.

A lot of factors determine a good lease (Discount, RV, MF, Rebates, ETC.)

The HR-V has a good residual and conquest cash, I wouldn’t disqualify it that fast.

Yes on a Corolla its fairly easy to get a strong discount but look at all the variables (RV, MF, Rebates)

2 Likes

I’ll say one last thing, for your own good, before I bow out of this thread.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

You’re throwing up all the red flags of someone who will get destroyed in the infamous finance office.

They’ll show you a strong discount and destroy you on everything else.

1 Like

Ohio, 36/12, under 200?
I see a T, A, C

Tacoma sr double cab lease!

2 Likes

Is it deal shopping? Or car shopping? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Not even remotely.

There are cars with huge discounts available that lease very poorly because of other factors.

That isn’t to say you want a small discount from MSRP, but the discount is only a small piece of the puzzle for determining what makes an excellent deal.