Best Full Size Truck Lease 2022

I’m new to leasehackr but not new to leasing or full size trucks.

Now that the 2021 incentives have expired… I’m wondering which brand usually has the best lease terms… or if I go with someone like Ally or CULA, that would be better than any dealer.

Right now, looking at an F-150, Ram 1500, Silverado 1500 or Tundra. All 4x2 only, crew cab and low/mid level trim.

So far, Silverado was the cheapest ~$40k MSRP (no dealer markup), 36/10k/$1500/$500mo. I see in Cody’s Toyota thread, you can probably get a 22 Tundra for that same monthly (although higher MSRP) if you can do it without a dealer markup.

Ford and Ram seemed to be more in the $600-700 range. Didn’t even look at Nissan.

And yes… I did check out the Jeep 4xe… I would get it if it were bigger. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance… and I did search but all the threads looked older.

1 Like

Full size trucks don’t lease good at all. why do you want lease? Save a few $ on payment? not worth it

Yes… trying to save on initial outlay and monthly payment… which seems much higher on purchases.

Also leasing because hopefully in 36 months, I can get my hands on an electric truck. :slight_smile:

Since you seem open to different models check out the Ram 1500 classic (previous body style). Dealers seem to be willing to move them especially if you can live with a quad cab

1 Like

Silverado has a Costco $1k rebate yesterday and $1750 lease loyalty rebate. Will see what new incentives there are this month.

2 Likes

Yes. I’m wondering if those are still available this month.

That is not true. Previous model year incentives often extend well into the new year. Of course, you have to actually find one.

I see you’re from CA so likely won’t make sense but I have a pretty solid Chevy dealer I can refer you to in NY. They have always had good vehicles in stock & they often have supplier pricing codes they can offer to anyone. Even in normal times they are a diamond in the rough.

Costco no. others dont know yet. Also 22’ silverado is a refresh year if I am not mistaken, if someone that knows more about them can chime in.

22 Silverado is a refresh year, but mostly the internal dashboard.

The current 2022 Limited is the mid-year model, basically a 2021. The 2022 will have the larger infotainment center and driver information screen.

I second this. I believe the 2022 refresh is anticipated to hit lots this fall. It also carries some minor exterior changes as well.

Though it’s not technically a full size, the Nissan Frontier is the only decent pickup lease in January 2022.

Probably because no one else is trying to gain market share. They’ll just sell whatever they make to the same ol’ loyal folks who keep buying ‘em.

And because they buy them, there’s no motivation for the lessors to offer great RV, MF or incentives for you to lease them.

PS. Look into a Tacoma purchase. There’s hardly anything that’s easier to cash out when your EV truck arrives. Which will be much sooner or much later than exactly 3 years, so you’d probably want that flexibility.

1 Like

There’s a $500 spread between leasing a 58k tundra and buying it…

For people looking at cash flow for their business leasing still makes sense….

Is that including Acq and Dispo?

Acq yes…

Even if that didn’t include that. It’s $1000/36. Only $28/mo. Lately no one pays dispo, who knows what the market will be in 3 years…

On the 20-21 tundras I had people paying 300/mo on 50k trucks and cashing out 10k equity after 9-18 months

So there are definitely times leasing large trucks work out especially from a monthly cash flow perspective

1 Like

Wow $300 on a TUNDRA…in CA that is more like $500

Yes, but these are not those times.

Can you expand more on why full size trucks don’t lease well?

I just explained that leasing a new 2022 tundra is 500/mo less then buying it…that’s a big cash flow difference on a vehicle that has unknown reliability. Who knows what it’ll be worth in 3 year. I’d lease it….

1 Like

There’s a lot more to optimizing a business’ net income and cash flow than just monthly payments.

Obviously one can take a longer loan on a financed purchase to make the monthly payments smaller.

Depending on how much EBITDA you want to shield from this years taxes vs the next, you can compare accelerated vs non-accelerated depreciation on a purchase.

Also, as business taxes are lower than they were in the past, the tax benefit of writing off anything has gotten smaller.

Just some big ones off the top of my head. A CPA can go into a lot more nuance. And the 800-lb elephant in the room is that most small businesses concerned about this small amount of cash flow shouldn’t be buying or leasing a brand new pickup anyway. When the owner does it, let’s face it, it’s because they want to. It’s a toy. The business case for it tends to be flimsy at best.