Best daily driver for under $200

Hello all,
I’m looking for a daily driver. Any thoughts would be appreciated for your favorite car that can be leased under 200. I’ve looked at the Civic, Accord, Kia Forte, Toyota Corolla. Coupes are acceptable as well. Any guidance as to what cars you like that are decent to drive? Anything comparable I’m missing? Thank you for any input.

Also, if it helps: looking for 2-3 years 10k per year.

BOLT

10char

1 Like

Some good stuff here

Corolla is like $150 this month

3 Likes

If you search on the Marketplace, there’s plenty of dealers/brokers offering the cars you mentioned above.

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone had any favorite cars to look out for in that range. Thanks for the input.

You should specify what qualifies a good cars such as fun to drive. Many on this on this website equate price point as the best option such as the tacoma and I test drove it and think its completely over rated that truck shows its age in every aspect from engine performance to drive train.

2 Likes

IMO accord is a good choice but unfortunately You will not get Accord under $200/m without all taxes and fees paid upfront.

Have you looked at the S60? Big discounts may get you there. Another possibility could be a Fusion. Either would have to be low end.

Jetta’s looking cheap again, look at @rubbergash 's post

1 Like

Have you or anyone had success with rodo?

You can lease any car you want for $200/mo. Without being far more specific, your question can’t be properly answered.

I don’t think under $200 with 0 DAS is THAT easy to achieve as other posters are suggesting. Depends on your state and car availability. I’m in Maine (5.5% tax rate), and managed to snag a Bolt earlier this year for $200 when the RV was still strong. November last year, leased a Kia Forte LXS for $179, but that took quite a bit of negotiating. Apples-to-Apples, the equivalent Civic was $50-$60 higher. No way Accord is anywhere close to that range. Kia dealers here are still seeing very low inventory, so not sure that deal would be achievable atm.
VERY happy with both Bolt and Forte, though. Very well equipped for the prices and both are great, reliable daily drivers. Would recommend both!

What @Qbrozen is saying is correct. You can lease an Accord for 50/mo with enough out of pocket at signing.

OP didn’t specify how much (if any) OOP is allowed.

OP should also drive the cars he’s suggesting as one of them might be the greatest car since sliced bread to one, but absolutely miserable to someone else. Blindly asking how someone would spend your money if it were theirs is silly.

Closing one accord deal with RODO this week. So far so good. I will update this ones the car will be picked up.

Shouldn’t the assumption be that we’re always talking 0 DAS or only first payment DAS when talking about monthly lease numbers?

1 Like

S60 under $200?? Sign me up

There really isn’t a consensus here. Some people like to structure things with $0 DAS, some with first month DAS, some with only taxes and fees (which of course vary wildly) but no cap cost reduction, etc.

Frankly, the only number that actually matters is total lease cost.

1 Like