Best Current EV lease

I financed my Ioniq, it wasn’t a lease

Wow, I hope you got a discount to exceed leasing discounts.

Back in July (when I purchased my car) I was under the impression that the people doing the lease buyout to take advantage of the 7.5K all had the cash to buy it out right. I didn’t know you could get a separate auto loan to do the buyout and that it would still count as a new car loan (tbh I’m still kind of iffy how that works). I also had a 0.9% apr so I didn’t feel like I was missing out on much.

But to answer what you were hoping… I did not, I think I got like 3K off MSRP before incentives (2.5K? for Hyundai loyalty) my fiance has the ioniq5.

If you are willing to take a big leap of faith on Vinfast, they have some incredibly cheap leases. I don’t know if it translates to other states, or where they have dealerships so YMMV.

In a total loss, irrespective of lease or buy, gap pays off any shortfall, I’ve never seen one that pay overage (ACV - settlement). So if the loan/lease still has a balance after insurance pays-off, it covers the difference.

It depends in the bank. For some, a new car loan has to originate at the dealer, some offer a loan with new car rates based on MY and mileage — e.g. Navy Federal has a “New Car Refinance” loan at the same rates as “New-new” if car is a 2023 or newer with up-to 30k miles

1 Like

Ah yes you worded it better than I did, but I think we are on the same page. In the end Progressive paid out the rest of my loan, but I’m still out the 10k I originally put down.

Thanks for the navy federal info, I will most definitely keep that in my back pocket.

1 Like

It depends on the bank/credit union but you can get new car finance (or refinance) rates based on how old the car is (and some do have mileage requirements as another poster noted).

As “best” EV lease vs “cheapest” the best low cost in my opinion are:

Ioniq 5 (roomy and fastest charging)
Ariya (esp on east coast)
EQB (probably alone in this opinion but it’s MBZ and inexpensive)

These are bigger than the Niro/Konas.

I think the Soltera is also cheap but based on the BizzyForex so only an okay EV.

Can’t comment on the VinFast VF8 as I never sat in one but supposed to be cheap.

I’m more of a sedan kind of guy, but if the lease is good I could go for an suv, I did not realize that the ioniq5 is a better lease than the 6. I’ll look in to it too!

I never drove EQB, but I’ll head out today for a test drive to check it out. I live in AZ but I’m okay with shipping my car from wherever as long as the broker is cool with that. I plan on doing a 24/15k so if you come across something really good please drop me a link.

But no pressure you’ve already helped out bunches, thanks!

If you’re checking EQB, you should may as well check EQE. The lease difference is not that much, but interior quality is a big jump from EQB, unfortunately for exterior, EQB looks better to me. However, current MB lease doesn’t seem to be as good as december, you may have to wait until march.

2 Likes

Oh for sedans… I think the Ioniq 6 might be slightly better. I don’t really consider the Ioniq 5 / ID4 / Mach-Es true SUV or even CUVs… they are really more like hatchbacks. :slight_smile:

Also the i4… for a sporty/lux sedan.

Have a 2024 Ioniq 5 Limited and the DCFC is extremely fast, but since we charge at home we barely ever use it. It all depends on what you need. I will say, the I5 is an amazing car with a great driving experience.

umm… where are u finding these deals? im in the midwest and theses dealers are useless

Why are the Ionia 5/6 leases not good? Can we expect a deal anytime this year?

I agree. I own a Lexus IS and the ioniq 5 is my new daily driver car. It’s way more fun than I realized it would be.

I feel bad for anyone getting the RWD model. The twin engine makes it so much fun to drive!

1 Like

What do you mean? In Pennsylvania the ioniq 5 is the best lease for an EV I found. I tried solterra, ariya, RZ, XC40 recharge. All were $600/m leases. My ioniq 5 is under $300/m.

1 Like

I’m seeing 500/month plus 4-5 grand down plus taxes and fees…

What part of PA are you seeing deals?

Central PA and NEPA. These areas aren’t big into EVs right now.

1 Like

So my Model Y is going back under the CA Lemon Law and I’m in the market for something new. Ironically, another Tesla Model Y would be a low cost option given the new pricing and incentives, but I’m not going to touch one again most likely until the next refresh, if ever.

For a lease, my sweet spot is 18-24 months, but not longer than 24 months unless the deal is amazing.

That leaves me looking for a new replacement. In a perfect world, I would be looking at a 24M Mercedes EQE 350 lease, hopefully for the 400s-low 500s as I’ve seen posted from time to time, but not sure that will be possible, so absent that option, where are the better deals right now?

I was reading here that the Ariya may be a good option for a super low lease rate, or perhaps a Hyundai or Volvo. I would like a smaller SUV format vs a sedan. I am located in California, but would go anywhere if the deal makes sense.