Best cellphone 📱 pictures you have taken!

Not bad for a night shot through a bug splattered windscreen…

10 Likes

Narrowly avoided a snowstorm. Appalachia at its finest.

12 Likes

Woke up, saw the sun coming in through the window, and took this pic, basically blind. Thanks apple

8 Likes

Pink sunrise at CMH.

Limitations: Filthy window, iPad camera.

6 Likes

11 Pro.
I tried switching to 13 and 14 Pro but I have a couple of issues with them.

There’s no option to turn off HDR on both of them and quite often the images come out too overexposed and fake.
There’s a way around it by downloading a 3rd party camera app but it’s kinda a hassle.

Even bigger problem is that both of them give me headache and eye strain just within minutes of usage.
Looks like I’m one of the “lucky” ones who is sensitive to Pulse-Width Modulation.

I tried doing every suggested setting change I could find online in hopes of minimizing the effect but no luck.

1 Like

A few pics from last weekend:

And a couple of road pictures of course:

15 Likes

Last set of road pictures:

25 Likes

I tried to turn it off on my S22+ and it doesn’t have that option either.

:grimacing:

That’s a bummer. My S21 allows it to be on/off. I keep it off. Being that these have tiny sensors though, it does come in handy when needed.

Download GCam App (google and you will find apk and settings), much better and natural colors with google camera app.

1 Like

I have the 14 Pro and find that the pictures come out amazing and then you can actually see the iPhone adjust the photo in real time and it always looks worse. I took this photo the other day and audibly said “what are you DOING??” To the camera. Here’s two different shots, maybe you can see the difference. One definitely looks glossier and “faker”

I also find that the third lens takes over at this range really in a really clunky way. You go to take a shot like this and it just switches back and forth between lenses haphazardly. Quite annoying. I miss my 12 :persevere:.

1 Like

That said, it takes some gorgeous landscapes

20 Likes

Thanks. I may try this, but probably am too lazy to bother with even trying to match @russo’s quality :slight_smile:

1 Like

No filter/Edit iphone 14 pro

9 Likes

After edit :joy:

7 Likes

Decided to give it a try myself. These are from my recent trip to Reno, NV. I drove from San Diego. Took pictures somewhere in the middle. No edits just whatever postprocessing the phone decided to do.

15 Likes

Are you able to witness the processing or is it simultaneous with the capture? Just curious as I haven’t used one of the phones that do that. A few of these definitely look edited to me…

What phone is this from? HDR on? Great pics btw.

The phone is S22 Ultra. I am not sure about the HDR option. I didn’t see that option.

It is simultaneous. There is an option to store the Raw image but I don’t have that option checked. I am assuming most of the new phones would come with filters, or some sort of automatic post-pocessing. I know that the AI-based post processing is common, adding removing rain, removing blur, taking multiple photos and improving quality, improving light, etc. These all should be standard in newer phones.