Best brands for short term lease

Can someone tell me what manufacturers I should look at for the best on average 24 month or less lease deals. I prefer short term leases and have only used Nissan in the past as they have 18 month terms that are good but want to try something else. Any recommendations thank you

Mercedes for the 13 month eqe/eqs

Nissan for the 18 month

Jeep for the 24 month GC 4xes

That’s about it right now.

3 Likes

I would also add that IMO these are essentially conditional on stacking fleet/affinity with EV conquest.

On such short terms, the payments shoot up without those

2 Likes

Care by Volvo.

1 Like

Wow yea very limited.

Rate Finder for the Calculator populates 12 month lease from Audi. Is that a mistake or am I doing it wrong?

Just because its there doesnt mean its a good deal

1 Like

I don’t disagree with the principle, but 12 months seems to be the best deal here:

Well that 280 MF is really nasty at 6.72% interest

Gosh Nissan is .00389 basically

Good thing Nissan lets you do one pay and MSD’s to bring the mf at least back into a more reasonable orbit.

One thing people need to keep in mind when they seek out short term deals is that Acq fee and dealer fee are the same amount whether you do 12, 18, 24, 36 months and so on. Those can very easily approach $1800 on an 18 month deal. Transaction costs do need to be accounted for when calculating out your target.

3 Likes

A lot of the best leases have high money factors, just need a high residual and/or lease cash to offset it

1 Like

I never thought of that tbh. That’s a fair point.

Just make sure your state’s vehicle registration fees can be prorated if going for something other than a round year. In CA at least, you dont get refunded the unused portion if you renew at month 12, but the lease ends at month 13.

2 Likes

Not really. Let’s assume the discount comes out to 20%, you’d be depreciating 13% over 12-mo or 17% over 24-mo. Ignoring interest cost or one-time charges, you’d need the discount to amount to 29% for the depreciation to be the same per month.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.