Best 7/8 Seater to Lease?

Hey LH,

Planning to sell my current 7 Seat SUV to Carvana. My current monthly payment is $390, and I want to stay under $425/month all-in on a new lease. Which SUVs would you recommend targeting?

A few notes:

• $0 down is preferred, not wanting to do any MSD either
  • 3rd row seating is a must
  • Would like to get more than just base level trim (have current quotes on Highlander LE for 455/mo, Traverse LT for 469/mo, and CX9 Touring for 472/mo)

Yes, my taxes are unfortunately high. But I know this is doable and although many dealers sound like broken records on the supply issues, I just found a mid-size SUV for a great lease deal and expect the same out of my 7 seater :slight_smile:

Highlander xle is probably your best bet here.

5 Likes

Just illinois taxes or illinois + chicago lease tax?

Rate is 8.5%

That’s nothing compared to Chicago taxes

2 Likes

Might be the only bet and even then it might not be possible without MSD.

1 Like

Maybe a pilot ex-l? They were cheap not too long ago. Haven’t seen much from them lately.

1 Like

Following this :slight_smile: My brother is in the same situation now, he has 8K in equity on his 2020 MDX that he is wanting to flip but in return I now have to find a suitable replacement around the $390 range hah oh and he lives in Illinois too. Small world

$400ish you are quite limited on choice. Highlander/Pilot/CX-9 are pretty much it like you’ve already considered.

Not sure how XC90 T5 leases these days, assuming Costco coming in this month, you might be able to get below $500 even close to mid $400s on some loaners with first month due of course MSDs required

Definitely content with CX9 or Highlander, just a matter of working the dealers down a little more. Currently at 450/mo with first pmt DAS for an XLE.

I don’t think that’s a safe assumption

1 Like

Yeah it’s been late but I’m not giving up yet lol. Or wait till June lol

Even with Costco this seems unlikely

1 Like

1 Like

That’s the May Costco program I was expecting.

6 Likes

I just saw the other day A-plan is working on top as an incentive but I’m no expert. With April numbers on a 53k T5M loaner assuming 13%, and max MSD, depends on tax it kinda sits right at $500 and first month, with loyalty and teach it will be lower. It sure will be difficult but worth pursuing.

edit: forgot loaners can’t qualify for a-plan and affinity, would be hard to get below $500 at this point

I am in the same situation. I think I am going for the Highlander XLE, I just need to find a dealer in Illinois who is giving the sub $400 leases, I have been seeing on these forums. Let me know if anybody knows of a good dealers around here.

1 Like

None LOL. Best I’ve seen is 455 on an LE all in 0 das.

But this is Costco auto buying service (aka TrueCar) and not manufacturers’ incentives. So, I’m saying there is a chance in June.

Like we tell everyone, nobody knows what next month will bring.

https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/en-us/corporate/sales-volumes

Volvo may run a Costco program, but they certainly don’t need to with these numbers

1 Like