Yeah looks like that might be the best option out there right now

1 Like

I didn’t know about that that’s good to know ty

Look for a loaner as the 10 years starts from date of first service

The best 3 row SUV is a minivan.

6 Likes

This is 100% correct

2 Likes

The prices that he’s citing may not be possible with Texas taxes and without Mazda CX9 lessee loyalty.

Your best medium to long term bet is a Toyota. Warranty can be extended to 8yr/125k if desired. Nothing beats their reputation for resale and reliability. Something like a Volvo will depreciate a lot more by comparison.

True but he has kids that he wants to keep alive. The volvo is safer (shameless plug)

google volvo xc90 fatalities

The toyota is a great car

1 Like

Yes, except

The Grand Cherokee 4xe is a cheapie option.

Except it’s not a 3-row SUV.

2 Likes

I shopped this segment in November and the best deal/value at that time would’ve been the palisade. Zero percent financing along with reasonable dealer discounts were very tempting.

I ultimately focused my search on the grand highlander and Lexus TX as I needed something bigger than the palisade. The new, still unreleased traverse looks awesome as well.

GM is good at photos

What kind of discount were dealers offering?

Just so you are aware, on the Volvo, you have to buy the 5 year additional CPO extension so that it’s 10 years from the original in service date. It’s not part of the regular CPO. Cost of the 5 year extension is $4K or more. Volvo changed the requirements in 2023 and to get the “CPO” extension you have to buy from the dealer where you bought the car (before a lot of people used to buy from Steingold Volvo in Rhode Island as they had the lowest rates).

If you want a better deal, I believe now you can buy the VIP Platinum plan which is mostly (if not all) the CPO extension. That is if you decide to go with Volvo.

1 Like

Not all minivan is the same, get a Toyota Sienna. :wink:

Fixed that for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too bad the EM90 will be for China only.

1 Like

I was cross shopping the Pacifica Hybrid and the Mazda CX-90 plug in. Couldn’t get a deal on either. I couldn’t even get Chrysler dealers to meet their own advertised pricing. Frustrating!

The Mazda is probably a better car, and I like that you can command electric only. However, the interior is small. Storage is tiny. And the trunk space is 1/3 of the Chrysler. For space and function the Chrysler wins hands down.

Good luck

1 Like

Yeah the storage space was an absolute deal killer when we considered replacing the PacHy with a CX-90. Also, the AER and fuel economy of the Mazda are worse despite the Pacifica first coming out seven years ago!

1 Like

If you’re planning on leasing, the often forgotten Subaru Ascent usually does pretty well. Helps that it has one of the lowest starting MSRPs in its class. It’s a bore to drive but it aced all of the new IIHS updated crash tests.

3 Likes